• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    One thing I do agree with, is that the Indianapolis area is way overrated. We north central people generally get the shaft when it comes to state funds. Huge interstates surround the Indy area, leading to all major portions of the state except.....that's right, central northern Indiana. Our loan four lane, divided highway up here, the US 20 Bypass, was only constructed because of our then Governor Bowen, who as a doctor practiced in Bremen(he delivered my father on my grandparents kitchen table!), secured the funding for the project. When Gov Daniels leased the Toll road away, over half the money went for projects around Indy.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    It makes sense to me.

I'm from Southeastern Indiana, went to school at Purdue, lived in Westfield and spent a lot of time working around the Indiana/Michigan border and know a lot of people from the 'region'.

Each of these areas produce some distinctly different personalities.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    One thing I do agree with, is that the Indianapolis area is way overrated. We north central people generally get the shaft when it comes to state funds. Huge interstates surround the Indy area, leading to all major portions of the state except.....that's right, central northern Indiana. Our loan four lane, divided highway up here, the US 20 Bypass, was only constructed because of our then Governor Bowen, who as a doctor practiced in Bremen(he delivered my father on my grandparents kitchen table!), secured the funding for the project. When Gov Daniels leased the Toll road away, over half the money went for projects around Indy.

Hang in there, US31 is being turned into an interstate type highway as I write this. It is intended to be limited access from 465 on the north side of Indy all the way up. I for one can't wait until it is completed as it is really messing up travel while they rebuild the intersections to interstate standards.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah, talk to me about decades without interstate access...

Anyway, Evansylvania? I have long proposed joining western Ky (they hate Lexington/Louisville), southern Il (hate Chicgo) and SW In (up yours, Indy) to form the new state of Lincoln.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central

Anyway, Evansylvania? I have long proposed joining western Ky (they hate Lexington/Louisville), southern Il (hate Chicgo) and SW In (up yours, Indy) to form the new state of Lincoln.

Excellent idea. What a nice state that would be! Poor, but nice.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

The money being spent on US 24 is massive.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Interstate 64 doen't have access at Evansville?

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    One good thing about being a Hoosier, among others, is having guns and not being in Illinois.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Oh, come on - you had to go to college how long to figure it out?

There's Indy, The Indy suburbs, The Region, Farmland, Southern Indiana, Evansville, and Fort Wayne (Fort Fun as I call it).

Folks from "The Region" and "Suburbia" aren't going to mesh easily.

Hoosiers value frugal government and populist ideals. This is good. However, we have a very wide range of beliefs on social issues and scope of government.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Excellent idea. What a nice state that would be! Poor, but nice.

Considering Vand Co. pays something like $1.40 in state taxes for every dollar received, we would do ok. We would have at least 4-6 fortune 500 headquarters, massive modern manufacturing, killer agricultural and massive energy production with vast coal and oil fields and both the refining and genberating capacity to use them.

Not to mention we would control the northern Ohio and Mississiooi rivers.

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Here is the breakdown:

Northwest IN is really part of Chicago, along with the curupt politics

Northeast (Ft Wayne) is the Union center

Southwest indiana is part of Kentucky

Southeast IN is the Gambling Center

Indianapolis is the Democratic and welfare hub

The rest is all Hoosier!

In Michigan, where I was raised, It is devided into three parts, the UP, Michigan, and anything south of State Road 57 is Detroit :D

Top Bottom