• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I was wondering if someone could recommend a location in the Indianapolis area where I could have my sites aligned. I had the night sites replaced by Sig and received the pistol back with the new sites terribly out of alignment. It looks as if the installer just pressed them in enough to be considered all the way installed, but they are not near the center at all (neither front or rear). My groupings seem to confirm what I had guessed after inspecting the sites - I'm shooting very left of target now...

Any suggestions?

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Thanks much! Expect a call on Tuesday then :). (we'll skip Monday since it's a holiday. Who wants to talk business on Memorial Day? :patriot:)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Is there much improvement that can be done to the trigger on a S&W 4006? The pistol is quite accurate (or at least as accurate as I am), but suffers from a trigger that is both gritty and seems to have a length of pull that starts out in Utah somewhere...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had a 4006 that had a fairly decent trigger. I think most Smith triggers are a bit long but usually they are smooth. Have you cleaned the trigger and receiver out good? Spring kits help too.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I do religiously keep it clean, haven't tried to change springs. I only really started to notice it after shooting a few 1911's some friends have, so it might just be a relative thing, but it would be nice if it were smoother.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    They can be polished out a bit to make them smoother, and a spring kit to make it feel a bit better but not matter what it will still be a long hard pull.... but it doesnt have to be gritty.

Top Bottom