Indiana/Utah carry permit reciprocity analysis -- with pictures/maps!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I recently had to do some reciprocity research for traveling, and some research on the non-residential Utah carry permit. I ended up finding this neat app, and here are some commonly referenced screenshots for us.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, EVEN IF THEY DO NOT I CAN'T GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THIS WEBSITE

Source: U.S. CCW Reciprocity Map from CarryConcealed.net

Yes, I know there is a sticky with the Indiana info in it, but this covers the popular Utah non-resident permit, and provides a quick reference visual guide as well. :yesway:

Map Key:
    XxOc6.jpg

States that honor Indiana's residential LTCH:
    e0K8z.jpg

States that honor the non-resident Utah permit:
    OZEk6.jpg

States that you are covered in if you have both:
    ar9Iu.jpg

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Great set of maps! Thanks for posting them.

Now if HR 822, National Reciprocity Act, would go through or better yet, SCOTUS would come right out and say "Shall Not Be Infringed" means firearms regulation by any State or Federal Government short of a Constituional Amendment, is unconstitutional, there wouldn't a need for the extra permits or money spent on them. Hey, one can wish, can't he?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    You might want to check the 2nd/3rd maps. I just read that the Utah nonresident license will be valid in WI. link
    Other than that ^^^^^^ great post. Thanks for sharing. I am guessing that the website hasn't updated since the Wisconsin list just came out a day or two ago.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I went to the WV site. It looks like out of state UT reciprocity is still in the works. I am guessing that is why the map doe snot show it. USACARRY.ORG still shows UT non-resident valid in WV. Based on the WV site that may not be the case.
    From WV:
    Notice!
    This office has reached updated reciprocity agreements with the states of South Carolina, Florida and Pennsylvania. It is anticipated that updated agreements will be reached in the near future with Arizona, Tennessee, Virginia and Utah as updated agreements have been sent to them. Updated agreements were necessary given the 2009 Legislature’s passage and the Governor’s approval of H.B. 3314. In part, H.B. 3314 allowed West Virginia for the first time to honor non-resident licenses issued by reciprocity states. The law went into effect July 10, 2009.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    According to what I've seen UT provides IN residents the state of WV. I do not see it included on this map.

Claims like this are much better made when you link to a credible source. Not saying I don't believe you, just need proof.

*edit* just saw your second post. :yesway:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    You might want to check the 2nd/3rd maps. I just read that the Utah nonresident license will be valid in WI. link
    A big +1 on that. I personally called the appropriate WI govmint office and talked to "Cindy" yesterday and she confirmed that they will accept the Utah non-resident license. I called 608-266-1221 if anyone else wants to confirm this.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I recently had to do some reciprocity research for traveling, and some research on the non-residential Utah carry permit. I ended up finding this neat app, and here are some commonly referenced screenshots for us.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, EVEN IF THEY DO NOT I CAN'T GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF THIS WEBSITE

Source: U.S. CCW Reciprocity Map from CarryConcealed.net

Yes, I know there is a sticky with the Indiana info in it, but this covers the popular Utah non-resident permit, and provides a quick reference visual guide as well. :yesway:

Map Key:
    XxOc6.jpg

States that honor Indiana's residential LTCH:
    e0K8z.jpg

States that honor the non-resident Utah permit:
    OZEk6.jpg

States that you are covered in if you have both:
    ar9Iu.jpg

I would not trust the data from CarryConcealed.Net. I used to be the one who updated those maps, but unfortunately, I have not had access to do so in several years, and they are not correct. For example: Indiana's LTCH is not recognized by New Mexico.

I use USACarry.com, usually, and begrudgingly will verify what I find there with handgunlaw.us.

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom