• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Every time I see stuff like this, all I can think of is "Papers please". sigh...

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Every time I see stuff like this, all I can think of is "Papers please". sigh...
    What against Illegal imigrants. I didn't read any spot in the article were it asked for people to put the relgion they choose to prescribe to.

When I read peoples responses such as your I think, :runaway:

You already have a drivers liscense.

Do you allready have?

proof of identity and residency, including a birth certificate or passport; proof of a Social Security number such as the federally-issued card or a
    tax document; utility bills; bank statements and credit card bills?

Then they are just putting it all into one making sure you pay those taxes and actually didn;t cross the boarder lastnight before they hand over a drivers liscense to you.

Now on the flip side if you don't use the bank have no bills and live off cash, then I would have concern for this. But chances are those people aren't flying anytime soon or visting the courthouse for a tour.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I meet people all around the world that you would think are Americans. They are not. What fits the mold of an American?

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    * you figured it out, Indiana + Nazis = Homerun. You better get out while you can. I'm sure you can move to canada if you want to. But you know it won't last long after we change flags and all.:rolleyes:

Edit.... I just sent this thread link to the Governors Action line. Expect Jack Booted thugs in 12- 72 Hours please leave the door unlocked, we would hate to have to kick it down and buy a new one with the war effeort and all in full swing.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    It must have been a sad day when you had to turn in your fingerprints to the state to get your carry permit.lol Papers please.:laugh:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    So to travel within the United States by plane you have to have a fed approved ID?
    That is even if you don't have a drivers license?
    They going to do this for minors as well?
    You child is 15 and looks like 18 or 19. Are you going to get hassled going on vacation?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

OK, what am I missing here? We got blackmailed by the fedgov several months ago into taking part in REAL ID. The article referenced seems to me to be a recognition of the "Ausweiss, bitte?" mentality and an attempt to address those concerns. Someone who has privacy concerns and refuses to provide all of the documentation required for, say, air travel, etc., can refuse to do so for now.

If the fedgov does fall in some form of revolution or some such, or even if the change comes without violence, such as a secession or change of administration at the federal level to that of a candidate who respects individual liberty, there is a possibility that someone who has objections (as Spasmo indicates she does and as many others here, including me do) on privacy grounds will not have had to compromise his/her principles.

In short, I think that the facts reported in this article indicate a good thing.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It must have been a sad day when you had to turn in your fingerprints to the state to get your carry permit.lol Papers please.:laugh:

I am somewhat conflicted on this. See... my concerns of privacy and individual liberty show me that having to get a state-issued permission slip to exercise my natural rights is a wrong that needs corrected. By the same token, the fact exists that because those laws are in place, I can show the facts in evidence that we who carry lawfully are as a group the most peaceable and law-abiding folks in the state. I like having that evidence so readily available, but I dislike the fact that the presumption of innocence has been bypassed. The burden of proof should be of guilt, not innocence of crime and should be on the state, not the individual.

As to how the state is to do that without that information--that's not my problem...which is the same answer you'll get if you want to know how to get off the "no fly" list, for example. The difference is that they're supposedly working for us, not the other way around.

Blessings,
    Bill

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    * you figured it out, Indiana + Nazis = Homerun. You better get out while you can. I'm sure you can move to canada if you want to. But you know it won't last long after we change flags and all.:rolleyes:

Edit.... I just sent this thread link to the Governors Action line. Expect Jack Booted thugs in 12- 72 Hours please leave the door unlocked, we would hate to have to kick it down and buy a new one with the war effeort and all in full swing.

Who said anything about Jack Booted thugs?

And please.. by all means.. come kick my door down.

And while you're at it.. get some hooked on phonics.. your spelling "effort" sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So to travel within the United States by plane you have to have a fed approved ID?
    You child is 15 and looks like 18 or 19. Are you going to get hassled going on vacation?

You can get a state ID card for your kid at any age, I think. Birth Certificate, Social Security card, and an affadavit by a parent (who has to show ID) as to the child's lawful status and residency. If the kid is school-age and has a bank account, a bank statement and school record would prove residency.

And yes, I too thought our natural rights included the right of free travel.

"Документы, пожалуйста, товарищ?"

Blessings,
    Bill

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    You can get a state ID card for your kid at any age, I think. Birth Certificate, Social Security card, and an affadavit by a parent (who has to show ID) as to the child's lawful status and residency. If the kid is school-age and has a bank account, a bank statement and school record would prove residency.

And yes, I too thought our natural rights included the right of free travel.

"Документы, пожалуйста, товарищ?"

Blessings,
    Bill
    My kids are already at the age they have Driver Licenses but it is getting real bad if minors will be required to have them to "Travel".
    Part of the Patriot Act or is this some made up crap about commerce?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

I think I had to start getting Fed IDs at age 12. We would go onto military bases. I still had my ID when I was a 'dependent adult' in college. I laughed, because it never changed. Still had my photo from age 12! I remember vividly going into Building One at Fort Harrison and sitting for that photo and ID. Later, I worked there as an adult and remember the room as I often passed by. Not sure what ever happened to the ID. I might still have it upstairs.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Can't I just get a chip or something but on my wrist or forehead? That way I can't lose it, no one can steal it, and I can have all my information on it including my bank account, that way I'll always be ready, just scan it with an RFID reader. And if I'm ever lost, the government can find me, so my family won't have to worry, especially as I get older and get Alzheimer's.

I'd really hate to have that "Non-Federal Compliant ID", it'd be like I was a second class citizen, not able to enter Federal Buildings or to fly on an airplane, especially since I have to pay taxes for those things.

Top Bottom