• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have been asked this by several Indiana residents who DO NOT HAVE a Concealed Carry Permit
    On July 1st 2022 when the carry of a handgun in Indiana goes into effect by anyone who can legally buy one
    Can they carry across to Kentucky legally
    We Live two miles from Louisville KY in Southern Indiana
    I moved over here from Kentucky & haven't yet went to go get a carry permit
    Just asking out there because I really can't seem to find any REAL INFO on the subject
    I do plan on perusing the permit for myself for peace of mind
    Should be no problem to get IMO
    Thanks

M&P Shield & Glock 43X Holsters.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well Kentucky is a Constitutional carry state if you're 21 or over. So...

ETA From the KY code.
    237.109 Authorization to carry concealed deadly weapons without a license.
    (1) Persons age twenty-one (21) or older, and otherwise able to lawfully possess a
    firearm, may carry concealed firearms or other concealed deadly weapons without a
    license in the same locations as persons with valid licenses issued under KRS
    (2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to allow the carrying or possession of any
    deadly weapon where it is prohibited by federal law.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have been asked this by several Indiana residents who DO NOT HAVE a Concealed Carry Permit
    On July 1st 2022 when the carry of a handgun in Indiana goes into effect by anyone who can legally buy one
    Can they carry across to Kentucky legally
    We Live two miles from Louisville KY in Southern Indiana
    I moved over here from Kentucky & haven't yet went to go get a carry permit
    Just asking out there because I really can't seem to find any REAL INFO on the subject
    I do plan on perusing the permit for myself for peace of mind
    Should be no problem to get IMO
    Thanks

View attachment 192283
    OK, lets go from where we are, and where we will be.

Are you a resident of Indiana? If yes, to carry a handgun on your person (off your property/not a a range/etc) until the calendar says 1 July 2022.

Are you a resident of Kentucky with a Kentucky LTCH? If yes you can carry a handgun in Indiana.

Also, the current requirements for the Indiana LTCH apply to be lawful to carry on/after 1 July 2022 in Indiana without a license.

Hope this helps. Bottom line: until the calendar hits 1 July a license is required to carry a handgun.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Thanks for the links & clarification

Carry of concealed deadly weapons by Kentucky residents visiting other states is governed by the laws of those other states. At this time, only states that require no license for any person to carry a concealed weapon would allow Kentucky residents to carry concealed deadly weapons with no CCDW license. The laws of those states may also differ on what weapons may be carried.

Any person who is eligible to possess a firearm under the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Kentucky, is permitted to carry a concealed firearm or other concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky, without regard to their citizenship or state of residence.

Very little to no info was given on Open Carry VS Concealed Carry on either the IN & KY websites

I Myself am 56 years old & an Indiana Resident with no arrests or domestic violence in my life
    Find myself going to Louisville Kentucky on accession
    Now I wonder if I should even waste the time getting an Indiana Permit because one won't be needed in 90 days = July 1st 2022

Thank You Governor Eric Holcomb for doing the right thing signing House Bill 1127 into law...
    It was way overdue

Constitutional carry. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Provides that a nonresident of Indiana may carry a handgun in Indiana without possessing a license or permit to carry a handgun from the person's state of residence. Allows a member of the: (1) general assembly; (2) general assembly's professional staff; or (3) lobby registration commission; to possess a handgun on the Indiana government center campus if the person is otherwise permitted to possess a handgun. Allows a person who wishes to carry a handgun in another state under a reciprocity agreement entered into by Indiana and the other state to obtain a license to carry a handgun. Beginning July 1, 2022, permits a person not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under state or federal law to possess a firearm on any property that is: (1) affiliated with; (2) operated or managed by; (3) owned by; or (4) leased by; the department of natural resources. Defines certain terms. Makes conforming amendments.

I have also been thinking about buying a SIG Sauer P365
    Have many handguns but have just got the bug to get something else

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Carry of concealed deadly weapons by Kentucky residents visiting other states is governed by the laws of those other states. At this time, only states that require no license for any person to carry a concealed weapon would allow Kentucky residents to carry concealed deadly weapons with no CCDW license. The laws of those states may also differ on what weapons may be carried.

Any person who is eligible to possess a firearm under the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Kentucky, is permitted to carry a concealed firearm or other concealed deadly weapon in Kentucky, without regard to their citizenship or state of residence.

Very little to no info was given on Open Carry VS Concealed Carry on either the IN & KY websites

I Myself am 56 years old & an Indiana Resident with no arrests or domestic violence in my life
    Now I wonder if I should even waste the time getting an Indiana Permit because one won't be needed in 90 days = July 1st 2022

Thank You Governor Eric Holcomb for doing the right thing signing House Bill 1127 into law...
    It was way overdue

Constitutional carry. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Provides that a nonresident of Indiana may carry a handgun in Indiana without possessing a license or permit to carry a handgun from the person's state of residence. Allows a member of the: (1) general assembly; (2) general assembly's professional staff; or (3) lobby registration commission; to possess a handgun on the Indiana government center campus if the person is otherwise permitted to possess a handgun. Allows a person who wishes to carry a handgun in another state under a reciprocity agreement entered into by Indiana and the other state to obtain a license to carry a handgun. Beginning July 1, 2022, permits a person not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm under state or federal law to possess a firearm on any property that is: (1) affiliated with; (2) operated or managed by; (3) owned by; or (4) leased by; the department of natural resources. Defines certain terms. Makes conforming amendments.

Open Carry in Indiana: Indiana Code is silent on how you carry a handgun (off your property, etc.) Open, concealed, duct-taped to your forehead, all require an LTCH UNTIL 1 JULY!!!!! :rockwoot:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While the Permitless carry is a good thing I haven’t researched all the permitless carry states to see if they all extend their law to cover non residents (makes sense that they should but remember usually Attorneys write these things)

So while one is good with Kentucky I’d suggest still getting (or keeping if you don’t have a lifetime) the Indiana LTCH just for those other travels to other states you might do.

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN

It was way overdue

Its House Enrolled Act 1296, not House Bill 1127. HB 1127 died in committee. It was House Bill 1296 that became House Enrolled Act 1296 that was signed by the governor. I wouldn't / haven't read HB 1127 because its useless. Read 1296 instead if you want to know about Indiana and what happens 7/1/22.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

It was way overdue

I believe in Kentucky you have to be 21 to conceal carry. 18-20 year olds have to open carry. No carry in bars in Kentucky. Restaurants that serve alcohol are ok I believe.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I didn't see that?
    Looks a little heavy for a hat with a Government 1911 besides it sweeps everyone, Makes you want to stand to his left even though it's hammer down = Condition 2 or 3...
    That’s one of the many inside jokes around here. Someone shows up at a Buffet Not wearing pants? What is Ingo username?

The state trooper stole my wallet, the lifetime license to carry is going away, the Boner drone, Churchmouse is so old, all part of Ingo Lore.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Duct Tape can be SO HANDY HaHaHa!!
    Somebody get this guy some TIE WRAPS PLEASE...
    View attachment 193184
    That bayonet is a Schrade "Old Timer".
    I have two now, but just bought the second a month ago or so.
    The original is more than 40 years old and one of my favorite fixed blade knives.
    I saw the second one on a special sale at Rural King, at a great price, and it had a three blade folding pocket knife in a boxed set.
    I can't begin to guess how many deer/rabbit/squirrel... that thing has skinned.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That bayonet is a Schrade "Old Timer".
    I have two now, but just bought the second a month ago or so.
    The original is more than 40 years old and one of my favorite fixed blade knives.
    I saw the second one on a special sale at Rural King, at a great price, and it had a three blade folding pocket knife in a boxed set.
    I can't begin to guess how many deer/rabbit/squirrel... that thing has skinned.
    Good ol Sharpfinger

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have several Old Timer knives that have been around at least 45 years or more
    Taurus 85CH.jpg

R.1ae65e94a7fe5be1ecad83a934c7269a

Last edited:

mrobison90

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021

It was way overdue

Constitutional carry. Repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. Provides that a nonresident of Indiana may carry a handgun in Indiana without possessing a license or permit to carry a handgun from the person's state of residence. Allows a member of the: (1) general assembly; (2) general assembly's professional staff; or (3) lobby registration commission; to possess a handgun on the Indiana government center campus if the person is otherwise permitted to possess a handgun. Allows
    So after July 1st, non residents can carry legally in Indiana?

Top Bottom