Indian Ordinance/ Inglis HI power clone.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Saw this on gunbroker, and been trying to read up on them. Does anyone have any exp. with this gun? I am sorta intrigued with it because it looks just like one of the old Canadian Inglis hi powers. But unsure of how durable or reliable they are. Also if anyone does know anything about them, know where I could find one? :):

This is the gun I am talking about.

IOF MK 1A Hi Power FN Browning Inglis HP clone : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I fired an Inglis. Great build quality, pretty much same as original Hi Power.

If you get a Canadian one, all you need is 115gr FMJ going 1200 (they dont use 125 for some reason) and you'll be serving for the Maple Flag! :D Funny enough, the company that produced the Inglis (John Inglis Company) is now the Canadian arm of Whirlpool.

India uses the Hi Power for their military sidearm as well. Most of the HP clones are great, with some spotty exceptions. SOME of the Charles Daly ones are iffy in fit and finish (the reason I left the HP game, kicking myself for that now). Want a really nice one? Try to find an Arcus. Bulgaria's quality is AWESOME and most if not all HP parts fit it depending the model gained (they offer a double action variant that has some to be desired, once again, kicking myself for getting rid of a good one I had).

Top Bottom