In Memory of Our Friend, Churchmouse....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Holy crap, what happened? I’m still pretty dang new here, so I didn’t know him personally. Was he older? Sick?

Either way, I’m so sorry to hear this! My condolences to his family, he was clearly an amazing guy! :( May he rest in peace!
    Tim had been fighting cancer for over a year. He beat it once, 20 years ago. The cancer he beat, he wasn't supposed to beat it for 20 years.

Was he older... part of INGO lore was age-griefing CM. He was not the oldest member of INGO (Tim was 15 years older than me, at this point 15 years is not a huge divide) but it became an inside joke here just like "the boner drone" and "the State Trooper stole my wallet." "He doesn't like Colt 1911s because Sam Colt was such an ***hole in high school" was my best CM age dis, delivered at the INGO Booth at the Indy 1500.

INGO Booth at the Indy 1500 Gun and Blade Show. I honestly don't know how many 1500s I worked with CM. It was probably not that many, but it became a tradition. I'd stop by his house, we'd go to breakfast at Charlie Brown's in Speedway, I'd bump the INGO thread when CM would spend his lunch money before the show started on a new knife as well as keeping my head on a swivel for members of "The Banned" (and I don't mean Robbie Robertson or Leon Helm.)

This is Tim and I along with Janet Holcomb (we like her more than her husband, just sayin...) at the 1500 on St Patrick's Day 2017.

1661996946003.png

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Tim had been fighting cancer for over a year. He beat it once, 20 years ago. The cancer he beat, he wasn't supposed to beat it for 20 years.

Was he older... part of INGO lore was age-griefing CM. He was not the oldest member of INGO (Tim was 15 years older than me, at this point 15 years is not a huge divide) but it became an inside joke here just like "the boner drone" and "the State Trooper stole my wallet." "He doesn't like Colt 1911s because Sam Colt was such an ***hole in high school" was my best CM age dis, delivered at the INGO Booth at the Indy 1500.

INGO Booth at the Indy 1500 Gun and Blade Show. I honestly don't know how many 1500s I worked with CM. It was probably not that many, but it became a tradition. I'd stop by his house, we'd go to breakfast at Charlie Brown's in Speedway, I'd bump the INGO thread when CM would spend his lunch money before the show started on a new knife as well as keeping my head on a swivel for members of "The Banned" (and I don't mean Robbie Robertson or Leon Helm.)

This is Tim and I along with Janet Holcomb (we like her more than her husband, just sayin...) at the 1500 on St Patrick's Day 2017.

View attachment 221169

Thank you for the bit of history. F cancer, sounds like it took one of the best of us and we’ll all be lesser for it. Sorry for your loss, to you and all the others he’s left behind!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

View attachment 221169
    "He doesn't like Colt 1911s because Sam Colt was such an ***hole in high school"

Classic stuff Kelly.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It's kinda last minute but this is in the works.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I am blessed to be the caretaker of 2 CM 1911’s. The first one is a Tribute 1911 that my mom handed me a 1oz gold bar that she told me to sell to purchase another gun. I told Tim about it and he just took over. The second one is his last 1911. He finally got to shoot it at the last spring’s get together. He didn’t think he had the strength to shoot it but managed to run 2 mags through it. He smiled ear to ear. I miss you old friend… :( 80755567-6CD0-41C9-ACF6-0CB8312FB2E1.jpeg

Top Bottom