IN Lifetime carry license- what if you move to reciprocal state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Any good where? Florida or Indiana?

Or what other states?

IANAL, but once you become a resident, of that state, you must have their permit .....

Don't get rid of the lifetime, if she ever moves back, it should be good .....

As stated it varies, but generally if you are a resident you must have that states license/permit.

The lifetime larry is still valid if you move out of state, and would be valid in IN and some other states depending on those states laws. Some states require you to have a resident license, some require a certain age, etc.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    The License remains good, where it is honored. It is a bit confusing, but money usually makes it easy to understand. The license never goes invalid, it is a lifetime license provided you do not become a prohibited person. The key is, most states honor it as long as you are not a resident of their state, in which case they want you to buy their license. I checked on Florida a while back, they do honor your license for a period of time so you have time to apply for their license. If you have prior military, your DD214 serves as proof you have fired a gun, and you are not required to take their class. Also the difference in a Florida nonresident, and resident license is your address. You can apply for a Florida nonresident CCW, and if you move the just change your address in the system, which makes it a resident license. I have been meaning to get one because I don't need a class being prior military, it makes me legal in many states that do not honor the Indiana LTCH, and if I ever move there, I will have it done already. Florida CCW information here. Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I checked on Florida a while back, they do honor your license for a period of time so you have time to apply for their license.

If you have prior military, your DD214 serves as proof you have fired a gun, and you are not required to take their class. Also the difference in a Florida nonresident, and resident license is your address. You can apply for a Florida nonresident CCW, and if you move the just change your address in the system, which makes it a resident license. I have been meaning to get one because I don't need a class being prior military, it makes me legal in many states that do not honor the Indiana LTCH, and if I ever move there, I will have it done already. Florida CCW information here. Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

The LTCH remains valid for carry in FL for 90 days after becoming a FL resident. If you meet the FL requirements for a non-resident such as being 21 yo.

Yep a DD214 does count for their training requirement. But other things do to, some of which don't require you to fire a gun or even actually handle one. IN DNR hunter safety online (or in person) course counts for example.

Top Bottom