• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I went to the Sohns auction in Evansville yesterday.WOW what a sale.More Colt snakes than I have ever seen in one place,And what Selling prices!!

Sohn & Associates, Ltd. Auction Catalog - QUALITY FIREARMS AUCTION! ATTN COLT COLLECTORS!

I purchased a Vector AUSA Ak-47 on an Impulse.Always been an AR guy,didn't have an AK and don't know much about them,don't know what came over me. It was NIB and looks good,but I havent found much about them on the net.Does anybody know anything about the Vector Ak?Are they any good?
    Thanks
    Chip

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Vector has been known to make some really nice AK variants. As with anything you can find someone who has had issues, but personally I have had good luck with Vector made firearms and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Have always had good performance out of anything Vector I've come across, got two of the AK's now. I like'em.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I also contributed to the auction. Apparently about 300 of the guns were from a single estate. Almost all were NIB. The guy liked guns, would buy something that struck his fancy and put it in storage. I bought (among other things:rolleyes:) one of two Excel MP-22 .22 magnum semi auto pistols. The magazines were still sealed in a blister pack.

There were some good deals on ban type AK's. And I did carry out a NIB Arsenal/Saiga SGL-20 for $200 less than cost new:rockwoot:

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Do not know if it is true ,but we talked to a guy Friday night at the preview and he said the guy that had the 300 guns didn't have any ammo for anything.

I also contributed to the auction. Apparently about 300 of the guns were from a single estate. Almost all were NIB. The guy liked guns, would buy something that struck his fancy and put it in storage. I bought (among other things:rolleyes:) one of two Excel MP-22 .22 magnum semi auto pistols. The magazines were still sealed in a blister pack.

There were some good deals on ban type AK's. And I did carry out a NIB Arsenal/Saiga SGL-20 for $200 less than cost new:rockwoot:

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hope this works.First try at posting a picture
    My new Vector AK
    VectorAK-47.jpg

Chippp_photos

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You did good. Vector normally run in the $600+ price bracket. They have a well earned reputation.

So, now it is time to get her out and get her shooting!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    173_3.jpg

Does anybody know what these markings mean?

Chippp_photos

1984 was the original year of manufacture
    it was the 865th gun assembled in the SC batch (you can google those codes too)
    Polish 11 - came from Lucznik factory in Radom. State Armory in Radom employs 6,000 workers and produces the Kalashnikov assault rifle

Top Bottom