• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    There comes a time when you must decide to be happy.
    Good luck and you have my prayers.
    Yep, I make jokes about having a wife, but, It boils down to what you posted and this.
    Its better to have left a toxic relationship, then to stay in one. It just affects to many things and people.
    Even more so when children are involved.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    People who yell and get angry unrighteously are immature and insecure. I always remember that when the wife yells and it puts me in a better place knowing I'm the better person. I have also given up drinking because I would join her in her yelling while drinking.

I am in control of my emotions and noone can make me angry but me.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I can totally relate to this as I could never do anything right in my Father's eyes. I will keep you in my prayers. I will say you seem to have a good way to get away from it in your machining skills. I enjoyed the pictures you posted and have always thought about that kind of work. The only difference there would be I think it would be cool to build parts for old guns you cannot get parts for. Keep up the good work.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mrs Fairlane & I have spent to morning talking and discussing when & how things go wrong. More of an update later.
    Thank you all for the prayers, I can feel Christ almighty laying his hands apon me!
    I think this is what's needed. Sitting down and having a frank conversation about the way this has impacted the both of you. I would ask you if you have told her the same things that you have shared with us here?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I think this is what's needed. Sitting down and having a frank conversation about the way this has impacted the both of you. I would ask you if you have told her the same things that you have shared with us here?
    Yes I have. A lot has been shared and I believe I love her more today then yesterday & our relationship has improved

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am not a medical professional IME your wife is mentally ill.
    You cannot reason with her logic it’s not the real person you are dealing with.
    Get her help you are not going to talk it out and god does not have a dog in the fight.
    You do not deserve to be treated this considering you do everything. Mental illness is just as hard on her as you.
    Best of luck.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I am not a medical professional IME your wife is mentally ill.
    You cannot reason with her logic it’s not the real person you are dealing with.
    Get her help you are not going to talk it out and god does not have a dog in the fight.
    You do not deserve to be treated this considering you do everything. Mental illness is just as hard on her as you.
    Best of luck.
    I agree. Talking this out will get you a few days peace until she blows up again. I'd be willing to bet this had been the pattern for years. If she refuses help then it's time to eject.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I hope you aren't married to my ex-wife. All jokes aside. My ex is bipolar. I went to counseling during that time. One thing I learned is... even though it takes 2 to fight, It also takes 2 to get along. Both people need to work to keep the relationship strong. I'm really hoping this works out for you.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

87AA22A1610D323CDC0EC9A5CD8744FB162815AF.jpeg

Read this a long time ago to understand a toxic relationship that I was in. It helped me figure out the motivation behind her behavior and gave me options on how to respond in healthy ways. At one point, I asked her if she would be interested in reading a book about cycles of anger? She replied that she did not have a problem, everyone else was the problem. She never knew that I had alredy read the book, when I asked the question. We soon parted ways.

I can also highly recommend going to counseling to understand and change your situation. Even if she does not, it will help you deal with the underlying issues that add to the tension and how to mitigate it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I love my wife, she is amazing and I’m the problem!
    Dealt with a similar situation, it cause a lot of resentment. My wife didn’t do the temper tantrums, but she had her ways. I was miserable, still am a lot.

I ended up going to therapy at a low point. As much as I hate to admit it, it’s actually working. It took a while before I started noticing differences in myself. Even some obvious things like what I was feeling was in fact undiagnosed ptsd, with severe depression and anxiety, add in a sprinkle of adhd and voilà. It turns out I was a big part of the problem. She definitely had work to do herself, but it takes 2 to tango. I projected a lot on to her. I have a reading list a country mile long I can recommend.

TLDR; a little introspection goes a long way.
    A little therapy goes as far as you let it.

Good luck and prayers to you friend.

Top Bottom