• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I was thinking about the P89... A friend has one, swears by it, it just feels huge to me. Shoots really well though.

P89 is a great gun, but a whole nother beast! The P95 has a polymer frame, is markedly lighter, is smaller overall, has a different grip shape. In fact, the gun overall has a different contour to it.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have had all three mentioned and the glock 19 has an edge over the sigma or ruger mainly due to accessories,parts availability and stock trigger. The ruger and sigma dont have that great of a trigger out of the box but training overcomes that. They are all good guns so get the one that fits your hand best. I would also suggest a Taurus PT92/99 if you want a heavier and larger gun.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I'm going to go out and get the Ruger P95 tomorrow. I got another chance to check it out today, feels good in my hand and the controls are right where they need to be. I like the looks of the pistol as well, and the price is good...will be under 350.00 NIB out the door. Thanks for everyone's help on this one...appreciate it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm going to go out and get the Ruger P95 tomorrow. I got another chance to check it out today, feels good in my hand and the controls are right where they need to be. I like the looks of the pistol as well, and the price is good...will be under 350.00 NIB out the door. Thanks for everyone's help on this one...appreciate it.

Well, I for one think that's a fantastic choice :) I hope you like yours as much as I do mine!

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central

You will not regret buying the Ruger P95. The best $350 you will ever spend.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Here is a pretty lady with my P95. Even she liked it. And yes, it was her first time ever shooting. headshots taken at 21 feet. body shots taken at 50.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Might want to look at the Bersa 9s. Owners really like them, and if they are as nice as the 380s they should be a decent deal.

+1 BILLION

I got a bersa thunder ultra compact pro 9mm, and I LOVE IT!!!

Everyone who gets one loves them! You could find a used one for $300 if you're lucky. I seen a new .40S&W version at the 1500 recently for $370ish.

Ultra reliable and usable. The finishes aren't great, because they used that money to make the functioning that much better! They make a great service/carry pistol when you don't want a safe queen.

I can't say enough good things about my 9mm. I hear the 40s, 45s, and 380s are just about as good as well.

YogiRC51

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I've had my 1st problem with my P95 today. While at the range the right side safety kept coming out. I could push it back in but after a few rounds it would pop out again. At one point it came all the way out. I asked the guy at the counter and his advice was to send it back to Ruger.

Any suggestions?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    If you really like the Glocks, you might consider becoming a member of the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation. I think the membership fee is about $25/yr, but it brings with it the opportunity to buy one Glock per year at the LEO discount price, which might put a new Glock in your hands at your $350 price point. I'm not a Glock guy, but it seems like a pretty nice deal.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I've had my 1st problem with my P95 today. While at the range the right side safety kept coming out. I could push it back in but after a few rounds it would pop out again. At one point it came all the way out. I asked the guy at the counter and his advice was to send it back to Ruger.

Any suggestions?

Call Ruger

928-778-6555

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    By all means, check out the Bersa line. They make a 9mm for under $400
    (around here anyway) that is as good as pistols costing much more. I own and
    shoot with people, who spend way more than I did on my Bersa. All agree, the
    Bersa is an outstanding buy.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    As I stated in a similar thread, Just TRY a P6 or the 2022. You WON'T find, I'll almost bet, a smoother 9 than the P6. And a brand new 2022 for under 400? Heck yeah!!

Also a self confessed Sigaholic.

Top Bottom