• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Trying to find a quick answer, and Google isn't helping much. I'm in souther IL for the weekend and am trying to figure out if I can buy ammo w/o an FOID card. I found the statute that says residents can't buy ammo without one, but what about visitors?

Thanks,

Cheese :)

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I've never had luck buying in IL. Was with a buddy at a store that had 380. I tried to buy it, they said no sales to out of state and no sales w/o FOID. Buddy said he'd buy it, he's got a FOID. They wouldn't sell it to him, saying he'd just resell to me.

I think it depends on whomever is behind the counter. IIRC the law says FOID for residents only and as an IN resident you should be able to buy, but some places will not sell w/o FOID period.

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've never had a problem. I just show them my Indiana ID, pay for it and am down the road. I have bought ammo at Walmart, Big R and some other farm store in Danville.

Fire

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Wow, you all were right! :).

Wally World claimed there's a new law that says they can only sell shotgun ammo to non-residents (which I did buy), not that they had any .45.

I did find another smaller operation that was more than willing to sell me .45 in FMJ and JHP, though the price was through the roof. 22 for MagTech FMJ's and 25 for a 20-pack of JHP.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, you all were right! :).

Wally World claimed there's a new law that says they can only sell shotgun ammo to non-residents (which I did buy), not that they had any .45.

I did find another smaller operation that was more than willing to sell me .45 in FMJ and JHP, though the price was through the roof. 22 for MagTech FMJ's and 25 for a 20-pack of JHP.

When I went to a Walmart in Illinois they wouldn't even sell me slugs for a shotgun. I wish they could figure out what the laws were and let their employees know what the laws are. :n00b:

Top Bottom