If you're a cop in the Plainfield area and lost something last night, check here

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I was driving in Plainfield last night after dark and noticed a flashlight lit on the side of the road.

It is a very nice flashlight that I am sure someone is missing. While I would like to keep this flashlight for myself I figured I must as least give an attempt to find the rightful owner as it is not a cheap flashlight.

If you can tell me the make/model and approximately when and where you lost this flashlight I will gladly return it to you.

I will not disclose the make/model/place/time to anyone as I do not want to someone to try to take claim for this flashlight.:ingo:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I should clarify I guess, it may not have been a cop, maybe an EMT etc or someone who had a flashlight out for a tire change or something else.

I am just guessing by the type that it was LEO.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Pretty good of you to try to return the flashlight. The job is tough enough to earn a living at without having to pay for replacement gear.

A few years ago I came up on the back of a Police car while riding my motorcycle and the next thing I knew a night stick was coming my way. My first thought was that the officer must really hate crotch rockets. Then I figured he must have forgotten it on the roof of his car and the rough rail crossing bounced it off. I picked it up and gave it to the dispatcher who contacted the officers on duty, none confessed they lost their stick, so the dispatcher gave it back to me.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I put a call in to Plainfield PD but I figure no cop will want to tell his dispatch he left a piece of gear on top of his car. Who knows though.

I guess it could be county or ISP. Does ISP operate out in Plainfield for traffic stops?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    There was something going on last night. I was on the way home about 6:00 and there was one car sitting right after Adesa on the south side of 40 facing west with his lights on, another in the parking lot by Chic-fil-a with his lights on and I could see another up south of Kohl's in the parking lot with his.lights on. The two I could see didn't have anyone pulled over and nobody around like they stopped.anyone that was walking

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    There was something going on last night. I was on the way home about 6:00 and there was one car sitting right after Adesa on the south side of 40 facing west with his lights on, another in the parking lot by Chic-fil-a with his lights on and I could see another up south of Kohl's in the parking lot with his.lights on. The two I could see didn't have anyone pulled over and nobody around like they stopped.anyone that was walking

I also saw the tail end of this, but now where I later found the light. I sent a PM to VUPDBlue. Hopefully I can find the owner, if not I promise to take care of the light:ingo:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    ISP runs traffic everywhere, or it could have been Hendricks Co. Sheriff too. Either way, rep your way for doing the right thing. Those flashlights are 'spensive.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I also saw the tail end of this, but now where I later found the light. I sent a PM to VUPDBlue. Hopefully I can find the owner, if not I promise to take care of the light:ingo:

Any idea what was going on? I just landed and was on on the way home. A couple weeks ago I saw what appeared to be a drug bust by Kroger and never saw anything in the blotter about it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Rats! I thought it might have been something cool, like a gun, handcuffs, baton... MEH...

:rolleyes:

Flashlights are way cool! :xmad:

To the OP, what makes you think it's a flashlight from a LEO, because it's high quality and expensive? :dunno:

I know many non-LEO that spend a lot on their flashlights, sometimes they have better stuff than what the police uses.
    It could be anyone.

I dont know if a police flashlight would have a serial number or marking from the department.I guess that would be too easy and you wouldn't have started this thread if it was the case.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    :rolleyes:

Flashlights are way cool! :xmad:

To the OP, what makes you think it's a flashlight from a LEO, because it's high quality and expensive? :dunno:

I know many non-LEO that spend a lot on their flashlights, sometimes they have better stuff than what the police uses.
    It could be anyone.

I dont know if a police flashlight would have a serial number or marking from the department.I guess that would be too easy and you wouldn't have started this thread if it was the case.

I do not know for a fact that is is LEO, however they type is what led me to this conclusion. Mainly being a rechargable duty type flashlight. I have some high intensity lights (bigger and brighter than this one) but none that would mount to a charger in my car. I keep some in my car but I don't use them everyday to justify having a mounted charger for them.:twocents:

I have also reached out to some of the tow companies around with no luck.

Top Bottom