• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I did not read the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned.

How many people that right now are screaming "down with dicks" will be the ones that post about the great deal they got at dicks next time they run a sale on 10-22's at christmas? It always amazes me how quick folks are to forget when it involves their wallet

No doubt...the same people who will complain about gun laws but never reach out to their representatives, write a letter or go on record.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This makes no difference to me, because I never shop at Dick's anyway.

When they took over Galyans at Castleton and I saw they are a clearly inferior store, I never shopped there.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Those "$30 Pmags, that were $10" are now $59.97 on that link!

WOW!! Absolutely-friggin'-right. I just checked and, just in the time between my post about the Magpul mag and ammo cost post until now, the cost for a single, plain black, windowless, Gen 2, 30-round Magpul magazine is now $59.97 at CheaperThanDirt.com! Amazing.

We should start a pool to see who can guess how high it will go by midnight. Sheesh ... guess it's time to drop them a note and let them know that I won't be buying from them again. Leeches. :xmad:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    WOW!! Absolutely-friggin'-right. I just checked and, just in the time between my post about the Magpul mag and ammo cost post until now, the cost for a single, plain black, windowless, Gen 2, 30-round Magpul magazine is now $59.97 at CheaperThanDirt.com! Amazing.

We should start a pool to see who can guess how high it will go by midnight. Sheesh ... guess it's time to drop them a note and let them know that I won't be buying from them again. Leeches. :xmad:

Wow, prices weren't that high for AR mags after the 1994 ban.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm tired of all this corporate knee jerk reaction but it's only going to get worse in the short term. Barring any awb legislation I suspect that places like Dick's will quietly and slowly reintroduce ARs again.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I know that a note to CTD won't make any difference, but I did take the time to send them a note about price gouging. I've recently bought a bunch of junk from them -- including a dozen P-Mags, coincentally -- but no more.

"Dear CTD:

In the hours following the 9-11 attacks a local Seven Eleven gas station jacked up their prices artifically, in order to take advantage of the public's panic. They no doubt made a bundle in those few hours. Seeing that, I vowed to never buy a thing from that store again, a vow I have kept, depspite it's convenient proximity to my home.

I have watched the price of a plain, 30-round Magpul magazine for an AR-15 go from its regular price to $39.97, then only a few minutes later, to an astounding $59.97! That is nothing but price gouging, taking advantage of stupid people who are panicking in the shadows of the recent shootings and the fear of a ban of some sort.

I find this tactic reprehensible. I have ordered from you recently and, while such deplorable business tactics are entirely legal, it is also entirely my prerogative to spend my money elsewhere.

As a company, you should be ashamed of your avarice. Naturally, as a gun owner and active shooter, I will need to buy guns, accessories and ammunition and will no longer patronize your company. Further, I will be informing others online of your business practice of price gouging.

Enjoy the few bucks you may have gained by selling magazines at inflated prices. You have lost an immeasureable amount of business from folks like me."

I know that this thread was about Dick's and not CTD, but it seemed better to post here than on a new thread about CTD.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Dang

Last week I bought $200 worth of Dick's gift cards as Christmas gifts for grandkids. I just called the Greenwood store to see if I could return them. They advised me they were not returnable but it strikes me that they should get a lot of phone calls and emails about this. I think I'll stop by the store and give them their rewards card back.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Last week I bought $200 worth of Dick's gift cards as Christmas gifts for grandkids. I just called the Greenwood store to see if I could return them. They advised me they were not returnable but it strikes me that they should get a lot of phone calls and emails about this. I think I'll stop by the store and give them their rewards card back.

I just cancelled my email subscription and tore up my rewards card (not that I bought much any way)...and made sure and told them why.

I am a little fish but every wave counts :patriot:

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    the customer service at the dicks in evansville sucked anyways, so this just makes it that much easier to not go there. way to really make a stand dicks. Conjagaloons.

Top Bottom