If you are waiting on your Utah non-resident permit...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I spoke with Utah BCI late today and they informed me that the current processing time for a permit is 4 months (including mailing time).

Yes, I know what the law says (60 days) and that is what I was told to tell folks in class during my instructor course, but the reality is that BCI does an outstanding job with limited staff and office space and they are simply overwhelmed with permit applications.

So, my advice and humble request is PLEASE do not call BCI unless this amount of time has elapsed. Inundating them with telephone calls only keeps them from processing permit applications.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it is always my intention to provide accurate information, so I wanted to share this with everyone ASAP. I guess the only solace I can offer is that good things come to those who wait.

Regards,

Jim

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Booooooo! I was hoping to have mine before the end of June when I have a trip to Ohio for a few days. Now that Ive started carrying on a regular basis, I hate being with out.

Thanks for the update Jim.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Mine took about 70 days. Took Jim's class in January. My CC was charged in Feb. I got the permit in the mail May 1 (card says it was issued April 23)

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I got mine today (6/20/09). Took Jim's class on 2/28/09; I mailed my paperwork on March 2nd, they processed the credit card on March 27th & issued it on June 15th.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    Booooooo! I was hoping to have mine before the end of June when I have a trip to Ohio for a few days. Now that Ive started carrying on a regular basis, I hate being with out.

Thanks for the update Jim.

You'll be in KY most of the time so you'll be ok there.

Top Bottom