• SHTF... You grab....

• Total voters

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Probably FMJ, it's cheaper to stock up on. Plus, if the SHTF, and my family and other people in my group are behind my barrel, overpenetration isn't much of a concern.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    whatever I've got. Yes for most of the pistols I have a nice stock of hollowpoints, but I have more FMJs or SP's than anything. And I'll use whatever works in my guns. Most of my bulk ammo is in various ammo cans. But I do have some loose boxes in the safe. Mostly cause I ran out of room to put more cans without losing room for ammo to keep out for target practice, lol.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I am hammering out every single detail of every single situation that I can possibly think of. You can NEVER be over prepared for anything. No one can ever be prepared for everything.

I'm preparing for a hellaious fight in the future. It's been threatened to happen and I'm not trying to be caught with my pants down when it all goes down.

I'm with you on both counts :yesway::yesway: Failure to plan = planning to fail.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    But why would you prefer HP's over FMJ?

If STHF take what you can. FMJ are cheap and efficient. HP not only expands but at distances over 300 yards they are a lot more accurate. All long range competition shooters use HP as well as Marine snipers. At least that was the case when I was in the Corps.

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If STHF take what you can. FMJ are cheap and effecient. HP not only expand but at distances over 300 yards they are a lot more accruate. All long rang competion shooter use HP as well as Marine snipers. At least that was the case when I was in the Corps.

Yup! That and HP's do not expand as much at long range - which means your penetration should not suffer. Ya, I would take everything I have that goes boom!

Top Bottom