If money talks, let's get it to speak for US!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How about we begin a campaign on this forum to convince gun manufacturers that building guns in Indiana is just plain good business? I know Kimber is located in Yonkers, NY, and it seems that several other major manufacturers are located in blue states. What do those states have that Indiana doesn't, besides hordes of anti-gun liberals? Indiana has one of the best business climates in the nation, excellent transportation infrastructure for raw materials, components and finished products, as well as a sizable workforce capable of excellent craftsmanship. How about we hit up the new Governor and go on the offensive against the anti-gun zealots in places like New York by attracting their well-paying jobs here to the Hoosier State? Opinions or feedback from my fellow gun-owners?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have seen this brought up several times before and it is a good idea. I would love to see some of our gun manufacturing jobs brought here to Indiana. I currently have a job but would have to consider changing fields if it were to happen.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm all for it. I'd love for us to be manufacturing more things in the US as a whole, but if another state is going to make it unfriendly for manufacturers to operate within their borders, then Indiana ought to seize the opportunity to invite them here.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is DS Arms still located outside of Chicago? Or Springfield still in Illinois?

yes, there is a very large machine tool industry built up around O'Hara Int'l but that could be relocated to Elkhart Indiana.

We need to actively recruit gun manufacturers and ammo companies to relocate to Indiana.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Kimber, Remington, and Bushmaster are all made in NY, Rock River is made in IL, Colt in Connecticut, and so on. It would only make sense for manufacturers to locate their businesses in states where their products aren't vilified and condemned, and tax rates are much more business-friendly. It seems that NC is already courting Remington, but I think we can compete with anyone.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Agreed, Trooper! My grandfather used to work at an Army ammunition plant down in Charlestown, and I grew up within earshot of the Jefferson Proving Ground ordnance testing facility in Madison. We have excellent highways, rail lines, and available facilities that could be spooled up to full production levels very quickly. If we got the economic development mechanism of the State of Indiana involved, I think we'd have a fighting chance.

Top Bottom