• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS LONG MESSAGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN OUR IDPA MATCH SATURDAY AT ACC.

We will be hosting the IDPA classifier at ACC this Saturday. IDPA requires each club to do this at least yearly and August is our usual month. There are some very important details regarding the classifier.

1. You must be a current IDPA member, or have a membership pending or sign up the day of the event. NO EXCEPTIONS. You can renew or join online at www.IDPA.com or you can sign up at the match. If you sign up with us on match day, I can offer you a $5 discount. I cannot make the same offer on renewals. SORRY.
    2. I do not recommend shooting the classifier to brand new shooters. That means if you have never participated in an IDPA match, the classifier is not a good place to get started. My suggestion to any new shooters out there is to come out and watch what we do this Saturday and learn about IDPA. Then please come back and shoot with us at the September match.
    3. For those of you who want to join us on Saturday, it will be your responsibility to review the IDPA Classifier courses-of-fire. They are in the rule book. There are three of them composed of multiple strings with a total round count of 90. This is going to be a very busy day and we will answer questions but it will save all of us time if you review the classifier and familiarize yourself with the various types of IDPA reloads and how the classifier flows. If it is obvious to the safety officer that you have not reviewed the classifier and need additional instruction, we reserve the right to pull you out of line so one of us can spend time working with you to avoid slowing down the flow of the match.
    4. You MUST have at least three magazines or speedloaders for your firearm in addition to a legal holster and 90 plus rounds of ammunition. IF YOU HAVE HIGH CAP MAGAZINES, THIS WILL BE THE ONE TIME WHERE YOU CAN LOAD THEM BEYOND TEN. For example, review the first COF in the rulebook. I can get through the first five strings with a single mag in my Glock 34 before reloading.
    5. BE PREPARED WHEN YOU ARE CALLED TO THE LINE TO SHOOT. THAT MEANS HAVING YOUR MAGAZINES LOADED AND ALL YOUR GEAR READY TO GO.
    6. The usual brass policy applies.

We have had lots of requests for a BUG match so we'll have a three stage match that will be the same as the BUG COF's at the IDPA Nationals last year. You'll need your BUG gun and 15 rounds of ammo. The COF's will be limited Vickers scoring. If you don't have a BUG, you can shoot whatever you have keeping in mind it will be scored in a category termed "other". If you are unfamiliar with the BUG match concept, take a look in the IDPA rulebook.

IDPA recently launched Defensive Multi Gun (DMG). We intend to support this new effort at ACC and to kick it off we will have a combination shotgun/handgun COF. We supply the shotgun and the shotgun ammo. You'll need your regular IDPA firearm and at least 12 rounds of ammo. This COF will be ran by Mike Carrol and Mike Wessler who are going to be the match directors for our upcoming IDPA DMG match on the last Sunday in August. THANK YOU MIKE AND MIKE!!!!

We will grill some brats and have some other stuff to eat starting around noon at no extra charge.

The format is going to be a shotgun start which means you can go anywhere and shoot any of the COF's you desire in any order. The classifier does not have to be shot in order which means you could shoot COF 3 first and COF 1 last. If we see any big lines we might ask you to move to another bay where we have openings to avoid backups.

MATCH DETAILS:

Friday setup - Friday at 1600. Please contact me in advance or I cannot offer you a match fee discount.
    Saturday setup - will be completed by the safety officers running the classifier. Start at 0800.
    Registration - starts at 0900 and ends at 1000. There will be no shooters meeting. You will be asked to read and signoff on range rules.
    Shooting will commence at 0915 on the classifier and no later than 1000 on the BUG and DMG COF's
    Match Fee = $25 for all. If you only want to classify you can do so for $20. You can classify in a second division for an additional $10. You must complete classification in one division before moving on to the next.

We have worked really hard to make the classifier match fun and I hope you can join us. Email me with any questions.

Jeff Brown
    Match Director

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    anyone try this out? I missed it due to my current list of injuries.

I have yet to make a BUG match but it sounds like a lot of fun and good opportunity to give the kel-tec a workout.

Also curious of first impressions of DMG.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    It was my second match IDPA Match at ACC. It was a hoot, especially the DMG. I'm looking forward to more IDPA DMG matches. Guess I'll be reading the rules for it and looking for a tactical shotgun now.

Top Bottom