• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    The match for Saturday at Atlanta is listed in the upcoming events, but I wanted to let everyone know there is a Back Up Gun (BUG) side match planned.

From the Atlanta Conservation Club's website:

Monday, June 30, 2008

IDPA Saturday Match and Back Up Gun (BUG) Side Match

Greetings from Benny Dukes, IDPA MATCH DIRECTOR at Atlanta Conservation Club, located close to beautiful Atlanta, Indiana just north of Noblesville and Indianapolis.

This is a long announcement so read all of it if you want to attend because we have lots going on.

Our next IDPA match is scheduled for Saturday, July 5th. We will be having our regular match which will be comprised of 8-10 COF's with a total round count around 80-90. Bring lots of extras. After our regular match is complete, we will tear down and set up a 3 COF BUG match. If you don't know what a BUG gun is, it stands for Back Up Gun. A BUG is typically a J or K frame revolver with a barrel length of 3 inches or less or one of those little sub caliber 380 semi autos, 9 mm Makarov, 25 ACP etc. You can shoot a firearm in the side match that does not fit BUG specs but you will be limited to 6 rounds max in the firearm. All of these COF's will require no more than 5 rounds to complete the course. You can shoot the course twice and we will score your best score. Holsters will not be required. We recommend you check out the IDPA rule book about BUG competition. You will need approx 36 rounds for the BUG match. Again, bring extra in case we need to give you a reshoot.

Here are the details.

Registration will start at 8:30 AM. At 9:00 AM, registration will cease. We will then set up the COF's. As soon as setup is complete, we will have a shooters meeting and then start the match. Late registrations are not accepted as everyone is expected to help with setup and teardown. The match fee is $15 for the regular match $5 for the BUG match . Exact change is appreciated. If you want to join IDPA on match day, you may do so at a reduced fee of $35.

Remember ACC is a cold range on match days. That means all firearms should be bagged or holstered and unloaded upon arrival at the range. Firearms may only be handled in designated safe areas or on the line under direction of a safety officer. Please address any questions or concerns with Benny at
    bdukes@perfectomfg.com

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I posted it, and didn't get to go.
    How was the BUG match? I've been threatening to shoot my BUG in the regular monthly match for a while. I guess I'm gonna have to.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    I posted it, and didn't get to go.
    How was the BUG match? I've been threatening to shoot my BUG in the regular monthly match for a while. I guess I'm gonna have to.

It was fun, we shot it twice and took the best of the two scores.

Having two matches in one day is almost an overdose of fun.. :)

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The shoot was a good one with good turn-out and the weather cooperated beautifully. Nine courses of fire with various and interesting setups. Some were close range with a few shots and a couple had 6 or 7 targets to hit, some hiding behind no-shoots and some "swinging" back and forth. I originally signed up for the BUG match, but ran out of time and had to leave. It didn't get started until about 1:45PM. This was my first time shooting IDPA and I liked it a lot. As "Ahlnold" once said "I'll be back"

Top Bottom