• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    You're right, I suppose somebody could run speed strips. That'd be interesting to watch. Most of us haven't shot ICORE in over 2 years, or whenever the last ICORE match at Silver Creek was, so it should be a pretty solid match between people who forgot how to shoot their revolvers. There's bound to be lots of dust coming off the gear when people take their first runs on a stage.:laugh:

Looking forward to everybody coming out. I've had a lot of people expressing interest, so hopefully it will be a pretty good turnout.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Just a reminder to everbody. The match is this Sunday, registration starts at 9am, shooting to start at 10am. Last minute setup stuff will start around 8am if anybody is willing to help, hopefully everything should be set up Sat night before the match. The minimum round count is about 180, so bring extra ammo (around 250 would be safe). Eye and ear protection for all participants as well as spectators is required. Match fees are listed on the Silver Creek website as well as on the first page of this thread. We should have change for those wanting to have classifiers submitted ($2 per classifier, 4 classifier stages), but bringing exact amounts would be helpful.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Well we had a pretty good turnout. Match looked fun.

Unfortunately right before the match began I was called by my wife that my son rolled his car on the way to work, so I never fired a shot today...:(

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    It was a lot of fun shooting revolver. Some of the stages were cruel yet interesting. Thank you to everyone involved in planning and running it.

Oh, and while digging out the revolver gear I found 1,000 rounds of .22 lr that I had forgotten about.

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    Thanks for a fun match with some VERY challenging stages. Just a couple of thoughts moving forward......
    I would think it might be better to limit the complexity of stages, to facilitate clearing & reset times that don't delay the entire match. As an example, the stage w/multiple match guns could've been split into 2 stages....we still would've had the opportunity to shoot all of the guns, but clearing & reset would have been much quicker (or, perhaps, you could have multiple ROs clearing & resetting the stages. This would also expedite things). If we had had larger squads, we would still be there.
    Don't make too many of the stages too challenging....either for skill level or physical ability. If you do, you may run off newer shooters. You shouldn't have good shooters taking misses just because the positions are so difficult.
    This is not a criticism of today's stages, they were a lot of fun. Just something to think about for next time.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    I appreciate the feedback guys. I had a lot of fun shooting it, as well as setting it up. There were definitely multiple things I learned being a rookie Match Director, but it is all things that will help for smoother matches in the future. I am happy that everybody had a good time shooting it and felt challenged, that is what my intent was. I agree that enough thought did not go into how long it could take for the stages to be reset, but that it something that will not be overlooked again. My aim will always be to challenge shooters, whether old or new, and make the stages fun enough to keep people wanting to shoot. I have scores finished, and am trying to figure out to get them posted on here. I may have to get them posted to the silver creek website first and link them over. Thanks to everybody who came out and helped get the match ready, and thanks to all the shooters who came out to shoot it with us. It makes an MD feel good to know more people came out in addition to the people he had roped in to helping him.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Paul, you suck. :P:ar15::hehe::D But really, congrats! And for a match with nine stages and five hours of shooting to come down to a single target between first and second, and another between second and third, that's a well designed match!

I haven't been to as many matches as some attendees, but I have to say this was the most fun I've had at any shooting sport! Nearly every stage made me want to shoot it over again! Especially the steel stages. I think I could shoot that plate rack stage all day and only quit when I get tired of resetting! LOTS of fun, lots of challenge, and lots and lots of shooting!

Great match and I'm looking forward to the next one! I loved the variety of stages! everything from three yards to roughly 200? or maybe that was 50-60. Quick blasters to lengthy mind numbing madness. I, for one, enjoyed the long alien stage. I completely bombed it, but it was very interesting and it'll be a long time before I see another one like it.

Also! THANK YOU to the gent who loaned me a belt rig! What kind of newb forgets his belt!? I'll be kicking myself for days for that one! I almost had the privileged of spending $20 to keep score all day! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

My camera broke after a couple stages so I don't have footage of much, but here's a clip of the plate rack stage. Could have been so much better! Or a lot worse! I'm glad I had the camera so I can nit-pick every little thing I did!
    [video=youtube;PVKna-br3i0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKna-br3i0[/video]

Last edited:

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    After careful review of the scores, I realized I was less than 190secs away from Paul. I'm closing the gap.... Better watch out.:draw:

Also, Sean, do you mind if I bogart your video to post in another thread?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom