• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    We are proud to announce that ICORE is returning to Silver Creek CC on September 27th, 2015. We have an enthusiastic new match director for it, as well as a dedicated group of RO's. We had our first meeting this past Thursday.

Keep an eye on our club website's ICORE - Silver Creek Conservation Club page for updates.

If you are interested in ICORE and want to be on a email match announcement list, please PM me here or email us through the website.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    For anybody who is interested they can also PM me, I am one of the guys who is MD for ICORE and we are ready and excited to get shooting again. Any info pertaining to matches will be listed on the club's site, and big thanks to the DOG for putting it up there. Your help is much appreciated.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Alright guys, here's the match info for all who are interested to shoot it. Match is at Silver Creek Conservation Club 10801 State Road 60 Sellersburg, IN 47172. Directions to the club can be found at Directions - Silver Creek Conservation Club

Match Info:

September 27, 2015; final setup will start at 8am (hopefully there won't be much left to do), registration starts at 9am, new shooter orientation at 9:30am, general safety briefing/ squadding 9:50. Shooting starts at 10:00am.

Minimum round count is 179, everybody is encouraged to bring more than the minimum.
    There are 9 stages: 4 classifiers, 1 steel challenge course, and 4 field courses.

Classifiers: CS-003 "Bill Drill to Third Power", CS-007 "Speed Only", CS-017 "Thread the Needle", CS-032 "Tight Squeeze"
    Classifier note: for ICORE members wishing to be classified, $2 per stage is required to submit scores to ICORE for classification.

Match Fees: $15 for non-club members; $10 for club members; $5 for active/retired military, LE, EMS, juniors; ROs, setup, & teardown shoot free.

Any questions about the match can be PM'd to me or emailed at icorestu@gmail.com

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    That's a lot of rounds for ICORE... At this point, I'm planning on being there.
    BTW, Dan, did you get my msg about putting me on the contact list for ICORE at Silver Creek?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmm, is there a cheap and dirty way to carry loaded moon clips (6 rounds, I suspect 1 in gun + 4 on the belt just would not get er done) just for a try it and see match or two ?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Yes ICORE is 6 shot strings for the most part. They try to make it where the 6 shot guns are not at a disadvantage. But a 8 shot gun allows for some make up shots.
    No major or minor so you can load the 625 down.
    120 power factor.
    Fun stuff.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Lots o wheelie gun fun, just the way we like it!!:rockwoot:

Yes per the ICORE rule book, stages are to be designed "6-shot neutral" for those who have 6-shooters. PF is simple 120, very easy shooting. Most stages are going to be 18rds (min) or less. I think only one or two stages will have higher round counts from the start (one is 30 rds min from start). But keep in mind your first load (load and make ready) can be loose rounds, they don't have to come off the belt.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Hey RevoWood123,

At the ACC ICORE matches there is a category called Outlaw---it's for shooters using bottom feeders (only 6 rounds can be loaded in the mags).

Have you thought using this category at the Silvercreek ICORE matches? It might bring more folks to the matches. :) (This won't affect me as I run a wheelie)......

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    I have considered it and I am not opposed to it, however, with the number of people who have expressed interest in shooting it (with a revo), it may be more shooters than I had expected for our first match back. If the participation is low enough I will consider allowing outlaw, but I didn't want to start out doing it. From what I can gather, we may have upwards of 40+ shooters for the first match. Hopefully you'll be able to come down and shoot it with us and some of the other wheel gun guys. I also wanted to talk to the MD and ACC and Wildcat both about matches and possibly orchestrating some larger matches together (regional or state match perhaps).

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    For anybody who has tried to PM, I must apologize, I have not reached the minimum post amount the send PMs. If aynbody is interested in shooting the match that has tried to contact me about getting signed up, send me an email and I will make sure you are on the mailing list.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    For anybody who has tried to PM, I must apologize, I have not reached the minimum post amount the send PMs. If aynbody is interested in shooting the match that has tried to contact me about getting signed up, send me an email and I will make sure you are on the mailing list.

Or contact me and I will point them in the right direction.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    The last time my revolver saw serious use... Ronald Reagan was President and no one outside of Arkansas had ever heard of Clinton. The first ICORE match should be ... interesting. Actually, I am looking forward to it. I even bought a new speedloader carrier just for this match.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    The last time my revolver saw serious use... Ronald Reagan was President and no one outside of Arkansas had ever heard of Clinton. The first ICORE match should be ... interesting. Actually, I am looking forward to it. I even bought a new speedloader carrier just for this match.

The word speedloader would have let everybody know how long its been since you shot a revolver...:stickpoke:
    Glad you're looking forward to shooting it, I am looking forward to everybody mean mugging me after they shoot it for coming up with some wicked stages. I just want to remind everybody, whatever I did to you with regards to stage difficulty I also did to myself.;)

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Yes since ICORE brings all the big prize money, and sponsors are lining up to be the "title" sponsor, every shooter shall receive 2 guns, at least $1000 participation award, and top prize is a Ferrari.:rolleyes:

Paul F, has offered a basic action job (which can be applied to a full action job) as a courtesy for the first match back. We are going to do a random ticket draw for that. Other than that, just a fun club match. The classifiers are announced out and people can look at them on the ICORE website, the steel challenge stage is going to be smoke n hope, which can also be viewed online, but the field courses are not going to be viewable ahead of time. Two of the stages are being made up by a couple other guys, the two field courses I designed I have not yet made score sheets for and need to make a design template.

diverjes06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    GREENWOOD
    The word speedloader would have let everybody know how long its been since you shot a revolver...:stickpoke:
    Glad you're looking forward to shooting it, I am looking forward to everybody mean mugging me after they shoot it for coming up with some wicked stages. I just want to remind everybody, whatever I did to you with regards to stage difficulty I also did to myself.;)

Not necessarily Speedloaders are required in the ICORE Classic division (6 shot, iron sights, no moonclips). I'm also looking forward to it, although it's been a year since I've shot ICORE.

Top Bottom