• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    I don't pay interest. Just bought a 2010 Dodge minivan with options I didn't even know they made with 75,000miles, no rust as it went to the Southwest every winter. 3 TVs 4.0 litre 6 speed power everything & tons of storage under the floor. Every option available for $4000. Very comfortable to get into & drives like new. I had diesel Rabbts back in the day & am 6'4". They were comfortable & got 55 mpg. I have 2 low milage diesel trucks also with the last year before the computer. IMHO a computer on a car is not a good thing as I had a mouse family move into my plow truck, peed on the computer & the insurance co totalled it. 20 years from now who's going to service the computer?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Drove my Ram CTD for 330K, was surprised at how little dealer offered when we bought the gardener a new car so we parked it.

The government just seems to have some sort of anti diesel fixation.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yep, the new Bronco is the real deal. Body on frame, removable doors and roof, etc.

The Bronco Sport that you saw is a different model, a crossover based on the Escape platform. The Sport is actually getting pretty good reviews for light off-roading, but it isn't a dedicated rock hopper. Think of it as kind of a resurrection of the old Bronco II.

If I lived where I could go off-roading a lot, I'd have a Bronco in my garage.

Found this too.

Much better.

Now if I could get it for about 20K!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Drove my Ram CTD for 330K, was surprised at how little dealer offered when we bought the gardener a new car so we parked it.

The government just seems to have some sort of anti diesel fixation.
    That's what dealers do. You shouldn't have any problems selling it on your own, even with that mileage

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You’re really missing sone good stuff ignoring the Koreans. The Elantra Sport with the 1.6t and dct is a hoot and gets 30+mpg. Handling is really good, interior is great. If you like something a little quirkier there’s the Veloster. And on the Kia side there’s the Forte and Optima with turbo options.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why have something fun to drive only once in a while? I prefer to drive something fun all the time.
    WRX FTW, although I agree with (jaybird, was it?) that you need to be very careful and knowledgeable before considering buying a used forced induction vehicle

StatlRed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Indy Southsider--Johnson County
    I respect the opinions that have been voiced here.

in all the reviews when I was searching most recently, Mazda always was at the top of the list in the “fun to drive” category, regardless of size or body style.

Way in my past, I had a 2000 VW Passat with turbo and 5-speed manual purchased new. I drove it for about 2-1/2 years and put over 110,000 miles on it during that time. Had reasonably good luck with it maintenance wise but it has a pretty good list of recommended maintenance at 100,000.

I bought a used 2007 Caddy CTS (not a V) 3.5 liter with a manual 6-speed, euro platform. It was a lot of fun but did incur some maintenance costs. My son is driving it now and it has somewhere north of 130,000 miles.

My current ride is a Nissan Pathfinder for a number of reasons. It’s been a great vehicle and has currently 70,000 mi. I’m not at all worried about the CVT but I don’t run it hard when it’s cold. Give it a chance to warm up before you work it.

The Nissan Maxima might be something to look at. Nice styling and people I’ve talked to that own them have good things to say.

Regardless of what vehicle you purchase, I stand firm on my recommendation to stick with a 6-cylinder engine at minimum—an 8-cylinder for a larger platform. . The torque and longevity will outweigh the mileage penalty.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    WRX FTW, although I agree with (jaybird, was it?) that you need to be very careful and knowledgeable before considering buying a used forced induction vehicle
    I wanted to give them a look, but I wanted a hatch. Subaru won't sell the hatch in the US.

I have been really happy with my Rs. My only complaint is the stupid .gov regs on fuel efficiency. Makes the manufacturers futz with the transmissions to get every last mile out of them. I don't want to be in 7th gear at 45MPH!

Top Bottom