• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    So long story short...My Glock 19 is screwed. I don't know what happened. :dunno:
    Anyways...missing the Slide Lock Spring and I have know idea what else is wrong with it. It's just the frame, as I was shooting it on my Mech Tech conversion. Let me know of anyone. Thanks. Dustin

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are several Glock armorer that post on here. I see them all the time. There is one I know on the west side of Indy. Where is Bremen???

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Glocks are CRAZY simple. I can't imagine any local gunsmith not being able to get you running in 5 minutes tops.
    I wish I was closer, I'd hook you up.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Just checked my parts stash, I have a slide lock spring, but it's for the full size. Checking some dealers it seems the compacts use a different part.

This is just an educated guess, but...if you're naming the correct part...I strongly doubt anything besides your slidelock spring is missing. Nothing else is really connected to it so it would be very unlikely that anything else broke at the exact same time.

You're ARE talking about the "slide lock spring" right? The spring under the slide lock, which is what you pull down to REMOVE the slide? Not the spring for the slide stop lever, which is what holds the slide back on an empty mag?

Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - Glock Slide Lock Spring
    If so, you can order a part and install it yourself very simply.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBEQkmQ4Tfk[/ame]

If you're not comfortable doing it and Hammond isn't far I'd do it for you if you order the part. If you get here and anything else is broken I likely have the part for it or could at least tell you what you need.

eta...I'm not a certified armorer. Just an informed hobbyist. I could detail-strip and reassemble in a few min and have most stuff on hand to keep my guns going.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    I'm sure it's the Slide lock spring. The slide lock just falls out. The only other thing I'm concerned with is the trigger. It does not feel right at all. I will try to get a few pictures and maybe a video later and post them

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I'm not a glock armorer but I've worked on pleanty of them.

Do you come into SB often? I'd be happy to take a look at it. There is also a guy named Ryan who works at ZX Guns that is a Glock armorer.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Wish I could help, but im in Texas for business for the next few months, and the trips I do make it back home tend to be pretty tight. Id be happy to look at it if you can wait a few weeks though...

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    In Mishawaka/South Bend all the time.

Never attempted to put the slide on since I noticed that the slide lock was missing (was laying in the range bag).

I will get a video and pictures up when I get home

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    Wish I could help, but im in Texas for business for the next few months, and the trips I do make it back home tend to be pretty tight. Id be happy to look at it if you can wait a few weeks though...

No rush to get it done. Usual carry gun. Will switch to something else for the time being

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Xh67BmkLA&feature=related[/ame]

Schematic_Glock%20[updated%204-13]%20[Hi%20Res].jpg

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I can not for the life of me get the trigger housing pin out. Any tricks to that

Yes, use a 3/32 punch or glock tool. If you're holding the frame like you're shooting it you want to push from the left side out to the right side. Anyway, hold it so you can use the punch to apply firm steady pressure to that pin while taking the slide stop lever with your other hand and wiggling it back and forth. The pin has a notch that that lever sits in and you need to move that pin around till it unseats. Not back and forth sideways to the frame...but more like, picture the hole thru that lever where the pin is going thru and try to move it around clockwise/counterclockwise.

I hope that helps.

Top Bottom