• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I love how the person who puts up a million dollars to build an apartment building gets zero credit for pretty much anything, apparently as his very existence hinges on the generosity of tenants to support him. He'll only lose the building if taxes aren't paid, no biggie. It must suck to sit around hoping his massive investment is financially maintained by other people paying his taxes for him.
    What generosity? It's a business dude, and he'll make a killing. And he'll pay his taxes...

Where are you seeing empty apartments and landlords going broke? Everything I see on the local chatter pages are about how apartments are charging crazy high rents and many have waiting lists...

2cf0af1f6009161917d591a8ae919325c26532a9c84f6e6ad52e217324a430be.jpg

Businesses pass along expenses to ensure they make a profit. or they go out of business. They may not make as much as they like, may even miss their budget. But if they go to long without turning a profit, they go belly up. Simple as that.

Manage a few P&Ls and we'll chat...or take a business/econ class to bolster your understanding of how businesses work...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Right back at you. :rolleyes:
    All good here bud, it's obvious some have never ran a business in their lives.... and owning rental property / being a landlord is.... running a business!

I'll wrap this up with I hope those that have difficulty paying their property tax have written their elected representatives and let their thoughts be known, but more importantly, not to sit on their butts and do something to improve their situation so it's not an issue for them going forward.

Or just ***** and complain. That seems to be the theme these days....

Now, if the folks next to me would just list their vacant property or finally let it go to the tax sale...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I love how the person who puts up a million dollars to build an apartment building gets zero credit for pretty much anything, apparently as his very existence hinges on the generosity of tenants to support him. He'll only lose the building if taxes aren't paid, no biggie. It must suck to sit around hoping his massive investment is financially maintained by other people paying his taxes for him.
    Strawman much? Please quote where one of us said that.

As I said before you better be glad the dumbmasses that rent don’t see it the way it is or I bet it would get changed. If your kids pay rent they are subsidizing you. Yep, if your kids were not paying 2% property tax in their rent, you would have to pay even more. Yet, by advocating to eliminate the property tax you want them to pay even more in sales and income taxes.

There is a reason advertisers have what is called the demo age, and we ain’t in it. Retirees don’t buy enough for advertisers to target.

Again I do not like and am opposed to the property tax and the fact that nonpayment can lose a person property.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Again I do not like and am opposed to the property tax and the fact that nonpayment can lose a person property.
    What's a better system? What nearby state has it figured out we could petition our representatives to copy from?

I know a few in the statehouse that are more than reasonable and easy to speak with...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What's a better system? What nearby state has it figured out we could petition our representatives to copy from?

I know a few in the statehouse that are more than reasonable and easy to speak with...
    And that has been the crux of my questions here. Who should pay for property services and how should they be collected. The answers are either vague shift it to sales or income taxes, or the property tax should not exist and they do nothing.

When I ask if folks really want to shift this to their kids I get no answer. Seems like no one wants to look beyond their feelings about property taxes and get into the meat. The real culprit is out of control federal government borrowing, printing, and spending money at unprecedented levels.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure why I have to answer this again I have said no several times. I also think property owners should pay for what benefits their property.

Who do you think should pay for what benefits property? How should they pay it?
    Government should pay for itself by selling crack on the street corner.

Top Bottom