• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I picked up another Winnie Model 12 today. The six digit serial number starts of with "666". It was a modified choke but someone rolled it down to about .650.

They did a good job and all, it doesn't look pinched like some do but I do wish it was still the modified.

I also grabbed a Browning Sweet Sixteen with two barrels (mod and open bore) for a price that would make everyone mad they didn't get it first. It needs some TLC which will be forthcoming...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I picked up another Winnie Model 12 today. The six digit serial number starts of with "666". It was a modified choke but someone rolled it down to about .650.

They did a good job and all, it doesn't look pinched like some do but I do wish it was still the modified.

I also grabbed a Browning Sweet Sixteen with two barrels (mod and open bore) for a price that would make everyone mad they didn't get it first. It needs some TLC which will be forthcoming...
    666 is a 1934. Congrats on those finds!

I'm trying to come up with a "Of course it's the devil's gun, the devil lives in Crawford County!" comment.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I have had guns find me because a local gun shop owner took in a used gun and thought of me when they did.
    Gave me a call and sold in less than a day after taking it in.
    For sure... had a local fun shop call me one day and say they had a strange Sig Sauer with vents that was just taken in... 'I'll be right there'... this was back-in-the-day as they say. It is safe and sound in my safe now. :thumbsup:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Congrats. What’s the plan on the mod 12, just putting it away?
    I think I will see how it patterns and then try and sneak it in to a local turkey shoot. The "High Caliber" club down here has really good pay outs. My brother won enough to pay off his new rig he bought just for that purpose in one season. Good people to be around also...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have had guns find me because a local gun shop owner took in a used gun and thought of me when they did.
    Gave me a call and sold in less than a day after taking it in.
    This LGS owner takes guns in all the time and sets them aside just for me. I have easily bought the high side of 100 guns from him, Winchester model 11's, model 12's model 37's,model 25's and a few 24's. Marlins, Mausers, Ishapores, and a handful of civil war guns. A bunch of WWI and WWII stuff. This guy has has wonderful stuff just walk through the door.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Thats funny, I have a 91 that the last three of the serial is.
    20230523_112557.jpg

Top Bottom