I have a huge rat problem Airsoft gun for pest control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtmerkley

Plinker
    Dec 26, 2008
    Farm Near St Anthony, Indiana
    When this first started I tried poison I bought 2 buckets of Jaguar and for a wile it seamed to work but then they stopped eating it and came back. I did not know the problem had gotten that bad in till it got cold and I got the bright idea to dump a bucket of water down there hole. When I did the rats came storming out of the other holes buy the hundreds.
    I still have about 250 chickens in the house so I can't use poison gas and I thought about gas and fire but I would most likely burn the house down. I tried a rat dogs but they didn't seem to do much.
    The past few days I have been really killing a lot but these things breed to fast. The way I figured there's thousands was I would estimate 400 breeding pars each have the ability to breed every 2 weeks having 6 to 12 offspring per litter and it has really gotten bad since my fathers renter put out Milo. I have thought about cats but the dogs would likely kill them and if they don't cats breed almost as fast as rats so I figure one problem would solve a another but then I would have a lot of cats to give away.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Are the holes real close to the chicken house? If not and they are further away, you could get some help and cover the holes with some boards and concrete blocks or real big rocks. Then use a flamethrower and burn them all down in one hole.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    There was a thing on TV a while back about putting some kind of blast down the hole. It was at a Winery. I will have to try and google it and see what I can find. Something about the percussion of the blast kills them.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    hands down the best way is a dish with coke, and mix in some of the granulated fly poision... cheap and the rats will die within a few yards... we used this to kill off racoons that were living in our hay loft. cheap, effective, and always working....

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    hands down the best way is a dish with coke, and mix in some of the granulated fly poision... cheap and the rats will die within a few yards... we used this to kill off racoons that were living in our hay loft. cheap, effective, and always working....

Yep, and the Coke can't be diet. It has to be "The Real Thing".

Top Bottom