• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I was thinking the other day that I can not recall a single movie that showed a legally armed citizen defending themselves, or others. It was always a good guy ( cops/ private eyes .. People you'd expect to have firearms) , the bad guys of course are carrying. I don't think a vigilante movie would count either. Then there's the poor farmer who grabs thier shotgun to defend property or family & they always die. It seems , that if people saw it in the movies they'd accept it more. It'd be kinda cool for an everyday guy save the star in trouble. INGO thoughts?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The first scene in a movie I thought of was the one in Boogie Nights where Don Cheadle is in the donut shop and the customer there draws, but (sure enough) said customer gets killed, along with the clerk and the robber.
    I believe I've seen at least one movie where a bystander prevailed with a gun, but I just can't recall which one, unless you want to count Ash (played by Bruce Campbell!) in The Evil Dead with his boomstick.
    ;)

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Great idea that will never happen when liberals make most of the movies. Im not saying its a conspiracy that started in hollywood as some means to get people to dislike guns, so they could take them away. Im just saying the majority of liberal democrats do not understand, and do not want to understand, the things that appear obvious to us, and the majority of things hollywood, are made by liberal democrats.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah, the ones I remember, the citizen is depicted as inept and usually dies. Several people do carry a gun as a talisman though as I once heard a wise man say and that is usually what they want to show. After all, it's the bungled self defense attempts that usually make the news it seems like.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The first scene in a movie I thought of was the one in Boogie Nights where Don Cheadle is in the donut shop and the customer there draws, but (sure enough) said customer gets killed, along with the clerk and the robber.
    I believe I've seen at least one movie where a bystander prevailed with a gun, but I just can't recall which one, unless you want to count Ash (played by Bruce Campbell!) in The Evil Dead with his boomstick.
    ;)

It's a trick. Get an ax.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Punisher? Father and son defending their entire family against the mob until gunned down...but of course the Punisher Frank Castle lives!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I don't know if Charles Bronson's character was licensed, or if you had to be at the time the movie was made, but he had a legally owned .32 revolver that he defended himself with in Death Wish. Of course, he fled the scene, and lied to law enforcement when they caught onto him, but he started out legit. In Death Wish 2 he just flat out hunts some folks down, so that one definitely doesn't qualify.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Sleeping with the Enemy.

Julia Roberts' character defends herself by shooting and killing her abusive ex-husband. Although it may have been his gun that she somehow got from him and not one she had for protection. It's been awhile since I've seen it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only portrayal of legal firearm use I can remember seems to always be set in the home. Not counting westerns, I don't recall any movies that had a non-LEO carrier draw and successfully use a handgun outside of their own home. I think Danielson's right in that the folks that make movies just don't think that way.

There is one big exception though. In 'Gran Torino', Clint Eastwood draws a 1911 to protect his teenage neighbor from a couple of street thugs. No shots are fired, but it's probably more representative of the unrecorded successful uses of a handgun than what makes the news. BTW, Clint Eastwood is not a typical Hollywood director/actor.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Reservoir Dogs

Woman gets her car jacked, she pulls gun from glovebox and shoots Tim Roth in the stomach.

It's essentially the most important thing to happen in the movie.

Last edited:

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    If I recall, Sleeping with the enemy with julia roberts. She has her abusive stalking ex husband at gun point after hes broken into her home. she dails 911, the dispatcher answers. She has not yet shot her ex husband. He looks tense and axious as she holds him at gun point. The best part is just before she shoots him she tells the 911 dispather she has shot an intruder.

Top Bottom