• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Any suggestions on finding a new place to deer hunt? I am getting back into deer hunting and haven't hunted since moving to Indiana. Any good public land? Any pointers on talking farmers into allowing it? I have a 16 year old son that is wanting to start also (need to find him a bow). I figure a feller needs to know how to feed himself. By the way I am up in Noblesville. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    In my opinion public land is very dangerous. Get to know local people and where they hunt. Many years back I use to go door to door and just ask. Offer to help with farm work in exchange, might cost you a few hours of free work a few times a year, but might just be worth it.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    I agree with most of the posters above. I prefer not to hunt on public lands but sometimes there is no choice. Best bet is just to ask around. I know it is kind've weird going up to someone's door to ask if you can hunt there but you will be surprised. Hope you find some decent huntin grounds!

stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am wanting to hunt public land this year for the first time. Im choosing to go to the Charles Deam wilderness researve. I heard about it at the deer and turkey expo. Im told that it is the closest to being in the middle or noware as you can get in indiana. Has anyone hunted this place?

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I have hunted public land lots of times over the last 20 years , I have not once been in a dangerous situation at any of the properties. That is mostly a myth (in my opinion)
    Sure there will be guys that walk in on your hunt and screw things up for you but thats part of it.
    Your located in Hamilton county and the competition for permission is of private land is extremly high. I'm not saying you might not find any but you'll have to do a lot of searching
    Indiana has several Fish and Wildlife area that are free to the public for deer hunting , most require self registration to hunt but thats no big deal.
    Go to the IDNR web site and check out the rules and regulations on these and other properties.
    Most of the F&WA properties have tons of deer and the hunting is great ! Don't over look them, some of course are better than others.
    hoosier National forest located mainly in the southern part of the state has many thousands of acres for public hunting oppurtunities.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Any suggestions on finding a new place to deer hunt? I am getting back into deer hunting and haven't hunted since moving to Indiana. Any good public land? Any pointers on talking farmers into allowing it? I have a 16 year old son that is wanting to start also (need to find him a bow). I figure a feller needs to know how to feed himself. By the way I am up in Noblesville. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Schrader Real Estate and Auction Co - Land Auction Marketing Experts

Top Bottom