Howdy from NC, trying to locate a matching CZ457.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

colt_impala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Nc
    Hey everyone, thanks for having me on your forum. I can be found on Carolina firearms forum using the screen name coltimpala or Colt_impala across the web elsewhere, where you'll see I'm a legit guy with tons of feedback and a standing reputation.

So why am I posting to a forum in Indiana?

Im a small volume FFL dealer, and recently purchased a consecutive pair of CZ 457's from a distributor for my young kids. They dropped the ball and sent my consecutive rifle to Cabela's in Hammond Indiana. I tracked it that far, but Cabela's won't share the purchasers info and Cabela's was simply the transferring FFL for a drop shipper.

I know I'm asking a lot, and don't have full forum access as a new member. I also know I'm sorta looking for a needle in a haystack, but if anyone here reading this is the purchaser of said 457 in Hammond, or knows of this person possibly, I'd be forever indebted to you guys for your help. I have the exact same rifle new in box just with a different SN, and would make it worth their time. Thanks in advance for any help!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Welcome to INGO. Sounds like an odd situation shipping one of two consecutive rifles that were specifically both ordered together from a distributor to a different location but if the story is legit and that's for others to decide as well, there is a whole subsection of CZ aficionados here.

it's pretty much like a savvy niche social group of well-established members who are friends both here and in the real that know each other well who are into CZs primarily but also into a lot of other different things. Not sure if there are really many in the NWI/Hammond Cabelas area but they might be interested in your post and may or may not be able to help you out. Good luck.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    OP,, It's only natural for members of an Indiana gun forum to be cautiously skeptical of a new member at first that they know very little about and rightly so with such a request from outside of Indiana and they are capably able to decipher what they feel is legit or not and if so, they will most certainly proceed to choose to deal with another individual thru a proper legal manner in which they are most comfortable with.

Like I said if it's legit I directed you in good faith to an area that may be of the most help. With that being said my word of advice is if not legit then it will not be viewed upon kindly and you should look elsewhere.

For right now I again welcome you in good faith and I wish you luck. There are many legit good people within the INGO community here who are not naive and are not easily suckered into a scam that would be willing to help out others if they can who are likewise good people dealing in good faith with each other.

That is what INGO is all about. Good people dealing in good faith with each other that they can build a trust within over time.

Last edited:

colt_impala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Nc
    OP,, It's only natural for members of an Indiana gun forum to be cautiously skeptical of a new member at first that they know very little about and rightly so with such a request from outside of Indiana and they are capably able to decipher what they feel is legit or not and if so, they will most certainly proceed to choose to deal with another individual thru a proper legal manner in which they are most comfortable with.

Like I said if it's legit I directed you in good faith to an area that may be of the most help. With that being said my word of advice is if not legit then it will not be viewed upon kindly and you should look elsewhere.

For right now I again welcome you in good faith and I wish you luck. There are many legit good people within the INGO community here who are not naive and are not easily suckered into a scam that would be willing to help out others if they can who are likewise good people dealing in good faith with each other.

That is what INGO is all about. Good people dealing in good faith with each other that they can build a trust within over time.
    I'm no scammer, and again my post is sincere. I'll attach an image of the shipping invoice. What I gathered is the warehouse guys missed the consecutive request and instead I got 2 rifles that were non consecutive. Again, I welcome you to look me up elsewhere using this screen name or colt_impala on eBay, GunBroker, ls1tech, etc. Thanks for your input and I'll follow up there as well. I may be chasing my tail but want to say I gave this my best effort.

Reactions: KG1

colt_impala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Nc
    Not entirely sure how to post an image of the invoice, but happy to do so if it satisfies you guys that I'm legitimate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm no scammer, and again my post is sincere. I'll attach an image of the shipping invoice. What I gathered is the warehouse guys missed the consecutive request and instead I got 2 rifles that were non consecutive. Again, I welcome you to look me up elsewhere using this screen name or colt_impala on eBay, GunBroker, ls1tech, etc. Thanks for your input and I'll follow up there as well. I may be chasing my tail but want to say I gave this my best effort.
    Not entirely sure how to post an image of the invoice, but happy to do so if it satisfies you guys that I'm legitimate.
    I just wanted to make it clear that I have no reason to believe as of right now that you are not legit and my welcome with a good luck wish still stands. I was only giving a little friendly insight even though it may not have appeared that way. Good luck to you and welcome to INGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom