• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Since he asked me for several items, he's going to be expecting me to reach for and pull out several items, and it's highly doubtful he'll charge me and gut me while he thinks I'm doing as demanded. But one of the items will be a gun and I'll shoot his stupid a** until he falls down.

But I try to avoid places like dark alleys.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I would do this!
    picture.php

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Pull out my wallet, clearly show it to him, then toss it about four or five feet in the direction opposite of where I'm running. As he turns, I'm gone.

Nothing in my wallet is worth shooting a man over. Even a scumbag robber.

But as I'm running, you'd better believe I'm going to pull my EDC out of my pocket and be holding it in my hand. If he follows me, then he's getting shot.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    i would just give him my cash since he needs it more than me, not i would take care of business if i had the chance

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Years ago, I read a story about an FBI training situation that was along the same lines as this scenario. The students were timed and graded according to how they handled the situation. One by one, students attempted their amazing feats of trying to disarm the bad guy and almost all of them "died" and no one survived without some type of injury. When it was one student's turn, as soon as the instructor said go, he sprinted down the alley and was done before the "bad guys" had a chance to react. He decided it was better to avoid the situation than to try to survive it.

So, how would I handle it? I wouldn't, I would avoid it at all costs.

By the way, he also had the fastest time...

This right here above, if the BG is there with his weapon out, you are already at a disadvantage. We learned at a CQB class how important the 21 foot rule is.

Try having a friend with a stick reach out and poke you quickly and see what your success rate is. See if those mall ninja moves you learned will help you out. 99.9% of the people out there are NOT going to be able to go Steven Segal, pull out a Chinese star and open up a can of whoop a**.

:rolleyes: I know I know ... It depends on so many things.

His demeanor (:rolleyes: is that even a word?:dunno:) wont change much to me.
    Shaking or calm he attacked the wrong person and will end up eating the pavement.

Maybe if he's really shaking I will try to talk to him:

"Im sure of two things: I dont want to make you eat the pavement and you dont want to eat the pavement so just drop your knife and run away now kid." :draw:
    Demeanor, ya real word.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNG6nC2B3OwYyN4yS1ZPB1UkbbpBsA&cad=rja

The reason I said that is a person who is shaking and acting very nervous is more likely you do something in panic than a person who is calm and has his wits about him.

That nervous twitching fidgeting sweating idiot in front of with the knife is more likely to stab you in a panic as you move to reach for a wallet than stand there and observe what you are doing.

Ram-jac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    West Indy
    nothing in my wallet is worth my life.....question is....is anything in my wallet worth the BG's life?? I'm guessing BG is going to be having a bad day at the office.........
    But, I work and train very hard to avoid situations such as these by being acutely aware of everything going on around me.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I would say, "oh, I am scared to death, YOU brought a knife, to a gunfight." How's that suit you !!!!! and pull out my S&W, and he either leaves, or dies..... HIS choice.... You see, I do believe in choice !!!!! :twocents:

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I am just curious about a simple scenario and how different people would react.

You are walking alone in a dark alley at night.You are carrying your current EDC if you didnt forget anything at home this day.
    Someone appears from behind a trash can just two feet away from you and pulls a knife (see picture ;)) at you.
    Then ask for your wallet, phone and watch.
    Let's say the guy is your size or a bit bigger than you.

What would you do or try to do?

Yep the guy has a big scary knife like that. :D

1038.jpg

Do you do give your stuff to the guy?
    Kick his ass?
    Call the police or not? (afterwards obviously as this guy wont let you call 911)
    Any other thing? :dunno:

Just curious and bored to be honest ... :popcorn:
    Click, BANG BANG BANG.
    Report to police.
    Pretty simple really.:)

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    ahh you want to play do you?
    2646338337_867b691e85.jpg

just leave your knife and wallet right there and run.do you work for congress or something? im giving you a 15 sec head start before i come after you.

Last edited:

sloaba01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    First, haha I wouldn't be walking down an alley at night. But if I was to get in that situation, I would toss the wallet at him then reach for my firearm, and shoot him dead. Someone threatens your life, they should lose theirs.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sad thing is, I ran into guys like that twice in my life. For everyone and their BS bravado, there are some similarities. The first time (and both times on a commuter campus in Ohio, later night trying to get home), I literally did **** myself after giving him my wallet. After he took off, I sat on the curb and peed myself. FWIW: I did have a weapon on me.

The second time (different guy, they caught the first guy trying to use my card at a bar up the street), I gave him 56 stitches with my own knfe. He did tear the crap out of my clothing and I did recieve a cut on my thigh. Gangly sucker too, had no reason to pick a fight with anyone or try to overpower anyone. He passed out from blood loss about 25-30 meters away, right in front of a campus callbox (pretty frickin' convienient). Unfortunately, Ohio doesn't have the same protection against civil litigation in defensive situations as Indiana does. I had to pay a few thousand dollars to protect myself from their wailing family (and while in college, needless to say, I am STILL paying student loans), and break his brother's arm after the trial with a alloy bat after they didn't get any money. The mugger's medical bills had to have been sky high, I did nick several of his gut organs.

Let's be honest here: the first time, there was NO time to get a gun out or say crap. Knife on throat. It's not like the Crimson Trace commercials where they are 7 yards away and presenting a perfect target. Those who have that in their minds need to reconsider their little boy fantasies of blowing away homies. They don't pull the blade until they are up on you. Second: Ski masks? Please. The first guy wore hose on his head, the second had nothing over his head other than a Cavalier's cap. They don't usually look like the commericals guys.

How we think things go down based on whatever revenge fantasy movie we saw in a theatre is the furthest from the truth. It was terrifying, pure and simple. A kitchen knife put on your throat is a terrifying experience. I still think about the serration. Move too quick or do something stupid, it takes a doctor a LONG time to sew up that wound from a steak knife.

Top Bottom