• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    There seem to be a constant stream of threads bout getting pulled over by LEO. This set me to wondering just how often do you get pulled over and for what?
    The last time I was stopped it was for speeding in New Palestine about 10 years ago.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    1-3 times per decade, generally minor speeding infractions. I have yet to be pulled over since I switched back to a vehicle with cruise control.

(I've only been driving two decades ;) )

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Twice in the 11 years I've been able to drive.

First time was in Carmel/Westfield for having a license plate light out.

Second time was in Howard County for speeding. Just simply wasn't paying attention and learned my lesson after having to pay the fine for 15mph over.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    there was a 3 year period it seemed like every time I looked up I had red and blues flashing in my mirror. It's been 9 years now since the last time I was pulled over.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    3 times in the last ten years. The last two times I was doing exactly the speed limit, confirmed by GPS, got a ticket for 10 over.

While I don't like getting a ticket (who does), I won't ***** about it when I was actually speeding, in spite of the fact that every LEO, politician, and judge I know does it as well. But it really burns me when I get cited because there is a quota to fill or I'm out of state, and I know I wasn't speeding.

And before it's said there's no quotas, tell that to my GF who was a state trooper who got written up several for not writing enough speeding tickets.

I'm rarely going more than 5 over, and usually I'm cruising along at the speed limit unless traffic is moving so fast that it would be unsafe, then I'm still usually going slower than half the folks out there.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    About once every three years on average, but there was one year that I was I was pulled over three times. They were all for speeding, but fortunately I didn't get any tickets.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    i GOT Pulled over at 16, no ticket, 19, no ticket and 20 not ticket and in my old neighborhood at 27. I'm soon to be 36 and none since then. Been driving since I was 15.... so once every 5+ years.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Two times in 10 years, once for speeding, once for rolling through a stop sign. Both times I was in the wrong, only got ticketed for speeding. It is actually pretty telling because I drive what most would consider "high visibility" cars. First a blacked out 1996 Impala SS and now a blacked out Magnum.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    The last time I got pulled over it was in 1997 or 1998 by an Illinois State Police. My license plate was not properly displayed. (one of the bolts had backed out and it was hanging by one bolt). The trooper actually gave me a zip tie to fix the issue

No tickets or warning received. :yesway:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have been pulled over twice in my 25 years of driving. Once for rolling through a stop sign at age 16. Then not again until about 8-9 years ago for speeding. It went from 45 down to 30 or something like that and he nailed me right after that 30 speed limit sign.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    12 times in the past 5 years. so about twice a year. mostly speeding. wreckless driving which was BS. looking suspcious, idk how you pull someone over for that. but ive never gotten a ticket and ive only gotten 2 written warnings

destroyer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    2months ago for spesding 193mph, i got charded for wrecless driving, evading, and excessive speeds.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    And before it's said there's no quotas, tell that to my GF who was a state trooper who got written up several for not writing enough speeding tickets.

Not sure about ticket quotas, but I do know that during the times of OPO (Operation Pull Over), officers are expected to have 3 "contacts" per hour. They generally work a 3-4 hour shift during these times.

Top Bottom