How many actually vote on issue of retaining Judges?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ballotpedia. A fair amount of information on judges.

Judges are a tough one, though, even for me. For the most part state court judges (in Indiana at least), especially trial court judges, are not applying much of a judicial philosophy. They are just applying the law to the facts before them. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes wrong (IMO), but with most of them its tough to see too much of a pattern.

With some, you can...and with state supreme court justices it's more clear, but it is nowhere near as clear as on federal appellate courts.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fired 'em all...

20201103-162420.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do, did some research before hand. Anyone else have less machines but additional precincts added? A lot of unhappy people waiting 3-4 hours to vote. Consolidate locations and cut machines in half, Not real smart...

I Have hread heard about how bad it is over there.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    I searched around and found links to the trial records and read some of the rational for their decisions. I read a couple for each judge and determine if I think their decision is reasonable.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    In practical terms it's pretty difficult to access information to make an informed decision unless you have very specific cases you're interested in. It's very hard to quickly access a picture of a given judge's overall trend. There's also quite a lot of them on many ballots.

I guess you can go by who is in power to do the appointing and who appointed them in the first place. Again, more work to look up. It's not a great system but at least there's some direct democracy recourse if a judge does something especially egregious on the bench.

Top Bottom