How long before checking up on your forms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    All right, I know that this is a major waiting game here, but I am now over 9 weeks after the check for my form 1 has cleared. I know, I know, I know - patience and all.

But really, it is taking forever!

So when do you guru's start calling in to check up on the progress of a form 1 or 3, etc?

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    You have been in long enough that it would be reasonable to call. When I called on mine, I got a recording so I left my name and the serial number of my item on the message. When they called back they had the information ready and asked if that was all I needed.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet???

Schwartzbedphone.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I usually just "set it and forget it." As long as the check clears, I don't even bother to call and inquire about the status. When my most recent F1 went through (June), I received it in the mail just about the time I thought about calling to see if it had gone pending yet.

Based on Cwood's latest post in the NFA Timelines thread, I wouldn't bother calling until the 2-month mark. Evidently, they received a rush of forms in December and are still digging out.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have taken the adult approach and not called to bother them. I figure people call me all day to keep me from getting done the very things they are hoping I have completed.

So, I will buck up, man up, stick it out, and save my tears for my pillow at night when the lights are out and no one can hear me... :):

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Good News/Bad News!

Good news: Tax stamp arrived today!

Bad news: My brand new Arsenal Inc. Folder arrived with a broken sear and the wrong muzzle break. Now to decide if I want to send it back or fix it myself. :xmad:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    HTF do you break an AK sear?

I say send it back, too.

The sear sheared off. The hammer was to to the rear on shipment and that might have done it, but really I am surprised too. I am on the fence about the returning of it and will have to see what happens next. We'll see what kind of dealer the seller is...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Not only was it broken, but it was the wrong model (wrong muzzle brake) to begin with! Any dealer worth his salt would pay to send the thing back to Arsenal so they could make it right.

My :twocents:

I agree, and if I had bought this last year from my normal dealer, this would not be happening. Now, in order to stay within my price range I had to do the Gun Broker thing.

I will update tomorrow after I get him on the phone.

Top Bottom