• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Haven't been up that way in a couple months now, but I'm dragging the wife to Bass Pro and Cabelas tomorrow and am wondering how badly the place is torn up? We're coming up 65.

I know it was starting to be a pain in the *ss before Christmas, but I think that's the last time I saw it.

Thanks!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As of last week, they are still working on it. The never ending construction site. Anyway, on the weekend, North 65 to west 80/94 is not too bad. When I went it was a minor slowdown but still maintained 40 MPH or so.

Coming back getting onto 65 south is fun because the 4 lane 80/94 necks down to 3 lanes just before the exit, and the right lane suddenly becomes a long exit ramp. Catches many by surprise so keep right early. Just a slight slowdown as people in the middle lanes suddenly realize they want the far right, and people in the right lane suddenly realize they are in an exit lane and not a through lane.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Haven't been up that way in a couple months now, but I'm dragging the wife to Bass Pro and Cabelas tomorrow and am wondering how badly the place is torn up? We're coming up 65.

I know it was starting to be a pain in the *ss before Christmas, but I think that's the last time I saw it.

Thanks!

You should be fine. I-65 @ I-80/94 move along relatively well on Sundays. ;)

I only live a block from the Cabela's on 80/94 & US41 ... wadaya bringin' me?!? :D

Last edited:

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Good deal. I'll probably head towards Bass Pro first, then just cruise on by on my way to Cabelas, then hit 65 south.

I know what you mean about the lanes backing up though, ran into those issues when that was our main route to and from NW IL where my parents live. Anymore, we take a nice, quiet country route and avoid that Chicago BS by no less than 40 miles:D

Thanks guys!

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    If you decide to go to cabelas first, It might be easier to pass up the exit and hit central ave then get on 80 from there. But it shouldnt be that bad. What time are you going to be around Bass Pro. They are holding a few seminars there today and I am going to be at one of them around 2 pm and maybe one after.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'm not thinking we'll get there before 1:00 or 1:30 at this point. For some reason, the wife doesn't have the same sense of urgency that I do. I'll be wearing a mossy oak hat and a black "peace through superior firepower" t-shirt.

Come over and say HI if you see me!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

Thanks!
    I travel that road everyday, back and forth to work in ILL. The worst days are Thurs. and Fri. Weekends aren't too bad.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Well I saw you then, but didnt talk to you. I was wondering what the chances of a guy wearing a peace through superior firepower t shirt an hour before someone else wearing that shirt. Guess I should have said something.

Top Bottom