How does anyone outdoor minded survive living in Australia?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    WoW! Sholy Hit! There is some NASTY stuff there. Always thought it'd be kinda nice to visit Australia, but after seeing these pics, I think I will stay home.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I've been there a few times working in the mines. I was always told not to move rock's, or brush around cause if you get bit, by the time a ambulance gets there, you will be dead. Also don't go near the ponds to wash off, as you don't know what's under the water. Same way with most of south America. In fact in SA the cleaning lady will put a lizard in your room to eat all the bugs when you sleep. :)

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    They don't. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone living in Australia drops to zero.

Photo #4 is clearly an inland taipan, oxyuranus microlepidotus.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    There is a ZERO percent survival rate for every living creature on the planet.

Well that is in fact what I was deriving my statement from. To quote the movie Fight Club: "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

The problem with Australia is it has such a dense concentration of severely venomous or otherwise dangerous fauna.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    My god, I'm only on the first pic still, but that "flying fox" bat?!?! Jesus that thing is huge. It looks like it's eating Dracula or something.. My god.. I had no idea there where bats that big. Google a picture of those thing if you haven't seen a full sized one.. Crazy..

Edit: I think the angle of the pic I was looking at made it look a lot bigger, but that's still a pretty big bat!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    No way no how would I stay there. No visit, No passing over the place to get to an other place. Don't want to be with in 1000 miles of the place. I had no idea they had all the snakes like that.

I new that they had big bats and a problem with rabbits. Just one more place I don't want to go. I am good here in the good old USA. I know most of the dangers in the states I have lived in. I can deal with them. Don't churn up the water washing your hands something in the water may eat you? That is a good place to stay away from.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    A "flying fox" would scare the crap out of me. Creepy looking creature. Too bad the Australians have such restrictive gun laws, they need to kill some of that mess off.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A "flying fox" would scare the crap out of me. Creepy looking creature. Too bad the Australians have such restrictive gun laws, they need to kill some of that mess off.

Some of the wild fires take care of some of the evil over-population. I didn't spend a ton of time far enough from a city when I was over there to notice too much in the way of scary critters. I did see lots of cool critters and some giant bugs. I swear there was a roach running an ice cream stand. Seemed like a pretty decent fella, just looking to provide for his family.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom