• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    And Palin getting a divorce. Not really the role model I would have picked for the republican party.
    What do you think?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Republican Politicians haven't exactly been a beacon of 'family values' for a LONG time.

Although I don't like her as a politial figure, in her and her family's defense how do you think your marriage would hold up through all the public scrutiny and 24/7 workload? Think your kids would turn out perfect angels if you were all over the country and on the job round the clock?

Last edited:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I agree.

It just shows me even more that groups are flawed, like many things one person can control the demise or rise of people.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I've heard this multiple times since august and every time it turns out false. Is this a new report or the same? Can you provide any credable links? (not trying to be combative but never hurts to rumor control)

And whether its true or not, I believe the the GOP made a grave mistake with Pailn. McCain actually lost my vote because of him choosing her.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I love how the political Left has propped Palin up to be the 'savior of the Right' as if conservatives all got together and said 'wow, she accurately represents the totality of our beliefs! let's get behind her!'

About the only thing I like about her is that she can kill and butcher a moose. That's cool.
    She's a modern day Dan Quayle and will hopefully fade away promptly.

I laugh when people say they're glad she didn't end up VP... And JOE BIDEN is better? :n00b:

Sad to say there aren't many politicians I could get excited about now. D or R.

I also love how the media tells us that we need to be concerned with the values and private choices of the most dishonest, manipulative, self serving, and sleazy class of people in our society.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    About the only thing I like about her is that she can kill and butcher a moose. That's cool.
    Well that... and she's not bad to look at.

I laugh when people say they're glad she didn't end up VP... And JOE BIDEN is better? :n00b:

There's a VP? Who knew? :dunno:

Astrocreep said:
    I also love how the media tells us that we need to be concerned with the values and private choices of the most dishonest, manipulative, self serving, and sleazy class of people in our society.

+1

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I've heard this multiple times since august and every time it turns out false. Is this a new report or the same? Can you provide any credable links? (not trying to be combative but never hurts to rumor control)

And whether its true or not, I believe the the GOP made a grave mistake with Pailn. McCain actually lost my vote because of him choosing her.

So, then you voted for Obama because of them choosing Palin as the VP, here I would have thought the person running for President would have been more important :rolleyes:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I voted for McCain/Palin in spite of the 2 on the ticket. I like Sarah because she drives the left wing media absolutely nuts. Do I think she is the sharpest tool in the shed, no. But then I have some doubts about many of them up on top of the heap. Joe seems to be an idiot as does Big Algore.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I much prefer Sarah's values to those of Klinton...... either of the Klintons......

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I think that it is impossible to expect any politician, Republican or Democrat, to have any type of healthy family life. We use the word "value" as if they don't care about their family or that a standard exists that concretely defines what "good family values" should be present. But, I think that changes from person to person and family to family.

Personally, if Palin is getting a divorce, that's her business. I think people tend to emotionally connect with her rather than politically and IMO I think most people don't understand the difference. I think she has made it clear that she no longer wishes to be in politics but prefers some sort of media job. Besides, if she gets a divorce, that's fine. She's a hot little cougar.

Also, when I vote for someone I don't take into account their "family life". Their ability to do their job, education, intelligence, and promises as to what they will do is what I take into account. If they don't get the job done, or they do something that angers me, I vote for the opponent in the next election.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I've thought a lot about the family values issue over the last few years. Here's my take. I believe in family values, and I think that they're sorely missing in our country. That void has been filled by lots of things counter to a strong, healthy society. In too many areas, love, respect, discipline, personal responsibility, and a respect for good education have been squeezed out by violence, "you don't own me" attitudes, an ever-growing sense of entitlement, and narcissism.

While it's disappointing to see so many politicians acting like fools in public and private, I'd rather vote for people who attempt to legislate according to values I share with them than those who laugh at the concept and spit in the face of those values.

I don't let the foibles of a few people make me lose sight of the greater cause. Individuals (especially those in the public eye) often fail. I'm not giving them an out by any means... but just because there are bad individual apples (just like in the military, judges, teachers, LEOs, gun owners, evil jackbooted mods:D), I'm not going to abandon the rest because of those apples.

Another slant on this: libs and the media (sorry, I know that's redundant) like to say that conservatives claim an exclusive and all-encompassing ownership of family values. That's just not true.

I do believe that that which strengthens the family is good for America. So I'll continue to vote for those who people who agree with that. If those elected officials show different colors once they're in office (like seeking sex in bathroom stalls), I'll do my best to throw those bums out. But I won't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    McCain actually lost my vote because of him choosing her.

So, then you voted for Obama because of them choosing Palin as the VP, here I would have thought the person running for President would have been more important :rolleyes:

wtfd661, you're gonna have to highlight the area where The Meach said he voted for Obama/Biden, because I'm not seeing it.

You do understand that there were more choices, right?...

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    As a person who has gone through a divorce (tho it was a short marriage with no kids involved) I would say what is wrong with divorce? To me it can be a necessary good, depending on the marriage and the problems. I would rather people divorce then kill one another. As for Sarah, don't really like her that much, she is a hot looking lady for her age, she seems mentally incompetant and so far RIGHT she actually gets a little scary. I prefer a little bit more middle of the road when it comes to my republican politics. Anyhow they keep saying the Palins are getting divorced, this is the second time in about what a year? JUST DO it Already, if it is even a true story.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'd rather vote for people who attempt to legislate according to values I share with them than those who laugh at the concept and spit in the face of those values.

The only value which should matter for Federal positions is their stance on the entirety of The Constitution of the United States of America. Anything else tends to be legislated morality, and many of us would like those fascists who vote like this to leave our republic.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    My take on divorce is why did you stand there with all those witnesses and promise to until death do us part if you didnt mean it. I think it takes guts to stick it out, Im not the easiest man to live with and my wife puts up with a lot. I also dont believe in it for most cases except what the bible outlines but that is where I get my set of values, and this is my opinion. I still like Palin, she has guts, she isnt perfect but who is.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    wtfd661, you're gonna have to highlight the area where The Meach said he voted for Obama/Biden, because I'm not seeing it.

You do understand that there were more choices, right?...

What were the other realistic choices that had even an ounce of a chance of beating Obama. Not voting for McCain whether or not you voted for Obama was one less vote to beating the TURD.

Pretty simple.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

But you are a leftist, and that most assuredly not who the Reps were targeting with her. The party had already betrayed it's core conservative membership, and stupidly thought that putting a true conservative, as I think she is, on the ticket would save them. It did some good, I know they picked up far more votes, mine included, with her on the ticket than they would have otherwise. I was absolutely not going to vote for a liberal like McCain without her on the ticket.

I find her ideas interesting and they match mine fairly well. She is an interesting and exciting speaker, unlike the Kenyan without his teleprompter, I think she is dedicated to the political ideals she espouses. I'd vote for a ticket with her as candidate for President. Even a Libertarian one, though the Libertarians are far too controlled by leftists to allow that to happen.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    The only value which should matter for Federal positions is their stance on the entirety of The Constitution of the United States of America. Anything else tends to be legislated morality, and many of us would like those fascists who vote like this to leave our republic.

There's a wide gulf between maintaining values and legislating morality. And I firmly believe that, within the limitations of the Constitution, there's room for someone to share (or not share) my values. And, again, with the limitations of the Constitution, those values can affect the way they vote.

ETA: Our legislators can amend the Constitution. So Constitutionality becomes a moot point as they change the very document. So, IMO, they had better have the same vision I do.

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What were the other realistic choices that had even an ounce of a chance of beating Obama. Not voting for McCain whether or not you voted for Obama was one less vote to beating the TURD.

Pretty simple.

So, we were only allowed to vote for the Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich?... No thanks.

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4284258[/ame]

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    And Palin getting a divorce. Not really the role model I would have picked for the republican party.
    What do you think?

Last I checked she is now a retired Governor turned author. I don't think she is leading any party. And the alleged divorce has only come about after the election, not before.

I'm gonna go back to reading about Obama.

Top Bottom