• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If you are referring to the Standard Mfg 1911 go to GunBroker and search "STANDARD MFG CO M1911B 45ACP". Thats the exact item title.
    No, sorry I was venting at the site that listed the Vickers Master Class 1911 which clearly they knew was not in stock. But they advertised it anyway.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    No, sorry I was venting at the site that listed the Vickers Master Class 1911 which clearly they knew was not in stock. But they advertised it anyway.
    I was surprised there was one available, guys over on 1911forum are always hunting for one, couldn't imagine one was just sitting out there.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I would not presume to pick out a gun for someone else as there are far too many variables to either stress of ignore in importance.

A new girlfriend or wife I will pick out for you, but not a gun...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yeah I am going to look at the one the Mouse recommended. Can not really tell the type of sights it has Based on the single picture I saw of it.

Let me see if I can't push you over the edge. Of course, I put these grips on, but you get the idea. Yours won't be this nice, because CM himself had his fingers under the skirts of this one! :cool:

To say I am blessed would be an understatement. Thanks again CM sir.

ps.: I know some of y'all may get tired of seeing this one. I never do.

Standard 2.jpg

Standard 1.jpg

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Let me see if I can't push you over the edge. Of course, I put these grips on, but you get the idea. Yours won't be this nice, because CM himself had his fingers under the skirts of this one! :cool:

To say I am blessed would be an understatement. Thanks again CM sir.

ps.: I know some of y'all may get tired of seeing this one. I never do.

View attachment 173662

View attachment 173663
    Very nice is it just the light? Or is the bluing that over the top nice?

Was the mag well a standard feature or an addition? Also if you would not mind is the rear sight a u channel?

thanks

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    The bluing really is that nice, but I think the slide stop and safety lever are an option upgrade. Check the website and you'll see what I'm talking about. They actually have a blue tint to them that I could live without if I was buying new.

I believe CM installed the magwell. Maybe he will confirm for us.

Here's a picture of the rear sight. If you wanted night sights that would be up to you, assuming these are the original OEM sights.

IMG_2103(1).jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The bluing really is that nice, but I think the slide stop and safety lever are an option upgrade. Check the website and you'll see what I'm talking about. They actually have a blue tint to them that I could live without if I was buying new.

Here's a picture of the rear sight. If you wanted night sights that would be up to you, assuming these are the original OEM sights.

View attachment 173755

For reference

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016

For reference

Looks like they added front slide serrations since mine was built. And maybe different sights also. Looks like a white dot on the front sight. Can't tell about the back one.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Life is to short to settle for guns that "will work"... if your going to buy, purchase what you want. I wanted my custom 1911 enough that I saved $25 a week for just shy of 4 years to pay for it. Even though I rarely carry it anymore... I still feel it was worth the cost while many would not. You do you.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My advise... get what you want. Not what others try to talk you into. If you want the Vickers, get on a waiting list and buy one. Or buy another model and have a smith make it what you want. Call Springfield’s custom shop and talk to them about a new “custom” piece. I have several customs... most built or touched by AllenM. Mine are what I wanted, maybe not the same as others tastes, but that’s why they are mine. I have Commanders and 5” guns too. Mild custom work to full on builds. 2286BEDC-E110-4FE1-8F96-813F9E49CF04.jpeg 343AB60D-3718-4406-A2D3-EF8D32029B65.jpeg
    This one is my absolute favorite build.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

View attachment 173755

Thank you that is my preferred rear sight.

I am going to give this a serious look. The mag well is an easy addition so there is that.

Top Bottom