• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    A buddy and I went to his inlaw's house Saturday to kill an old crap computer I had and left very disappointed. He brought a shotgun and a couple of revolvers, and I brought my PX4 storms. I brought a 100 round box of winchester white box FMJ's and a small box of JHP's for each of my two pistols. First up was the Subcompact storm 9mm with winchesters. First magazine ran just fine. After that, things went south. I inserted the second mag, racked the slide, took aim at the computer tower, and took the shot. The round fired, the case ejected, then JAM! So I safely cleared the gun. I checked the magazine and it seemed to be fine. I checked the slide action then reinserted the magazine. I loaded another round into the chamber. I shot, it extracted and jammed again while feeding. By then my buddy figured out I was having difficulties and came over to help. He asked if I was limp wristing it. I said no, I definitely wasn't. After clearing the pistol I gave it to him to try. Same thing. We tried a few more times with both mags and had no luck. A couple of times it failed to feed all together!

I don't know what to do or where to start. Do I return it to the store (H&H), or contact Beretta? Both? I was rather upset after that so I took it out on the computer. I grabbed my full size .40 storm and he busted out the shot gun and we blasted the computer back to the silicon valley it came from. The first hollow point through the monitor screen cheered me up a little bit.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Depends on the stores return policy. Most will not refund money. Some will send it back to the mfg, or a gunsmith. Some may offer a trade in value for another gun. It sucks but that is how it is with guns, good luck.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    You have every right to feel confused and frightened. Your sacred battle implement has failed you; sullied by the torrid and unthinkable artifact of an FTF...

How can you ever trust this gun? It will probably jam when you need it most. The only LOGICAL thing to do is sell it to me; I am prepared to offer you the princly sum of $75 for your otherwise worthless Jam-O-matic. :D

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Sorry to hear about your poor experience, I have a friend with a PX4 storms and his has functioned perfectly.

I'd personally call both, H&H may be able to help you contact Beretta, or be able to help you out before that, but I'd say your best bet is to contact Beretta immediately .

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Could have saved your self some money and bought a Hi-Point... 150 bucks out the door and have about 300 rounds down it with one feed problem which was a mag issue!

ReadnFool

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Sheridan, IN
    It is very disappointing when you get a lemon, but it happens now and then. I don't have any specific experience with the PX4, but in general try the following.

Clean and lube the weapon. Especially if you didn't after purchasing.

Check to see if the problem is with the magazines. See if it only happens on certain mags, or only with full or mostly empty mags. Sounds like you did that.

Try a different brand of ammunition to see if that helps or changes the problem.
    Finally contact the manufacturer with the information. Most of the big name guys will make it right for free.

Hopefully it just needs a little tlc and polishing on the feed ramp.

Good luck and let us know how Baretta treats you.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    You have every right to feel confused and frightened. Your sacred battle implement has failed you; sullied by the torrid and unthinkable artifact of an FTF...

How can you ever trust this gun? It will probably jam when you need it most. The only LOGICAL thing to do is sell it to me; I am prepared to offer you the princly sum of $75 for your otherwise worthless Jam-O-matic. :D

Wow, I was reading this ^ and was thinking dam*, this person is so sympathetic and then there it was....the kind offer to help him out of his predicament. You are such a good person to offer to buy his 'jam-o-matic". I hope if I'm ever in need of some guidance, you or someone like you will be there to help.

I laughed and slobbered on myself, thanks!

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    I did field strip the gun and inspect it. And I just cleaned it a few days ago. It should have been good to go. I only have two magazines for this pistol because it is still relatively new (and they are expensive). And I know it is still in it's "break in period", but this is a little more than a hiccup. It's a total malfunction. I have put a hundred rounds of the winchester white box through it before and only had one "hiccup" on the second mag I ran through it. That too was a fail to feed but I attributed that to it being a new pistol. Or perhaps I rushed loading the magazine. Or the cheap ammo. Or a combo of the three. It ran the other 99 rounds just fine. I even reloaded the one that jammed and it shot no problem the second time, so I was otherwise pleased.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    A buddy and I went to his inlaw's house Saturday to kill an old crap computer I had and left very disappointed. He brought a shotgun and a couple of revolvers, and I brought my PX4 storms. I brought a 100 round box of winchester white box FMJ's and a small box of JHP's for each of my two pistols. First up was the Subcompact storm 9mm with winchesters. First magazine ran just fine. After that, things went south. I inserted the second mag, racked the slide, took aim at the computer tower, and took the shot. The round fired, the case ejected, then JAM! So I safely cleared the gun. I checked the magazine and it seemed to be fine. I checked the slide action then reinserted the magazine. I loaded another round into the chamber. I shot, it extracted and jammed again while feeding. By then my buddy figured out I was having difficulties and came over to help. He asked if I was limp wristing it. I said no, I definitely wasn't. After clearing the pistol I gave it to him to try. Same thing. We tried a few more times with both mags and had no luck. A couple of times it failed to feed all together!

I don't know what to do or where to start. Do I return it to the store (H&H), or contact Beretta? Both? I was rather upset after that so I took it out on the computer. I grabbed my full size .40 storm and he busted out the shot gun and we blasted the computer back to the silicon valley it came from. The first hollow point through the monitor screen cheered me up a little bit.
    Off subject. but I think there's EPA regs against the disposing of your CRT monitor in this fashion. Something about releasing gases into the ozone.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Off subject. but I think there's EPA regs against the disposing of your CRT monitor in this fashion. Something about releasing gases into the ozone.

If releasing gases into the ozone is an issue that the EPA has regs about, then some folks around here are facing life without hope of parole... :D

<insert pw name here> should be declared a Superfund site, in that case. :D

Actually - I do think that there are issues with disposing of monitors in this fashion. I think some of the components are fairly toxic to critters, etc... Maybe the gases too. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to smart off.

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    ... That computer was asking for it. So we fed it to the fishes see :shady:
    Sorry, I didn't know it wasn't computer season. Normally I wouldn't advocate doing anything potentially hazardous.
    [disclaimer] Do not try this at home!

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You bought from H&H Firearms in Fort Wayne??? First thing they will say is that they have a strict no return policy. They say they will try to make things right if you bought it used. Other than that, they're probably going to send you off to a gun smith or tell you to send it into the manufacture. Basically what I'm saying is when you go into H&H, don't have your hopes set to high on them being quick to help you. The few times I've gone in there, they were more rude than anything and they act annoyed when they have to help you.

Tomlinson Shooting Supplies in Busco and Ranger Supply in Fort Wayne has always treated me right and that's where I'll continue to do my business until my move to Indy.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Was the gun new? If so take it back or contact Beretta (good luck with that BTW, I've had terrible CS experience with Beretta).

If it's not new, how many rounds through it? My first thought was a weak recoil spring. I had problems with my Sig due to a weak spring. I tried everything I could imagine and it never occurred to me that the spring needed to be replaced. I bought a $7 spring and it shot excellent again.

Top Bottom