• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    And I also would buy Dillons Carbide 9mm dies. The best part of Dillons dies are you can clean the insides ( of excess bullet lube and lead shavings ) as easy as pulling out a Jesus clip and the inside stem falls out the die bottom and you can clean and slide it back in the die and push the clip back in and go right back to loading. Because no adjustments have changed.. A big plus if you load alot of lead bullets.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    With the needs you posted a 550b would serve you very well.. Having auto index is not always the way to go. Having auto primer and powder is a much better auto feature.
    With running a 550b turning the shellplate as you are adding a empty piece of brass and a bullet flows very easy.

Thank you!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Loading quickly on a 550 is kind of a two handed crazy monkey dance. If you ever add a case feeder, you'll likely regret not going with the 650 for the auto index. A 650 with casefeeder lets you keep cranking out ammo without ever taking your hand off the handle.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And I also would buy Dillons Carbide 9mm dies. The best part of Dillons dies are you can clean the insides ( of excess bullet lube and lead shavings ) as easy as pulling out a Jesus clip and the inside stem falls out the die bottom and you can clean and slide it back in the die and push the clip back in and go right back to loading. Because no adjustments have changed.. A big plus if you load alot of lead bullets.

Jesus clip?

I had to google that one. Hilarious!

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I really like my lnl. Absolute zero problems. I can load about 400 9mm in an hour and I take my time (thats without case or bullet feeder). I don't have any experience with the dillon but since my lnl works so well, I couldn't justify the price difference for the dillon.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    You are the second person that has said this. A friend of mine recently made the switch from the LNL AP to the 650. I don't know what I'm going to do. I have a $60 coupon to use by 12/24 and then about $50 in gift cards that are burning a whole in my pocket. From what I figure I could have the press for less than $300. Decisions, decisions.

sell the coupon for $40. use gift card for primers.
    buy blue.
    -rvb

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    Go blue you won't be sorry. The manual indexing is a nice feature if you have an issue with a station. Had a lee auto index, junk. I have two 550's and ran thousands of rounds over the years. Another is the lifetime warranty.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You are the second person that has said this. A friend of mine recently made the switch from the LNL AP to the 650. I don't know what I'm going to do. I have a $60 coupon to use by 12/24 and then about $50 in gift cards that are burning a whole in my pocket. From what I figure I could have the press for less than $300. Decisions, decisions.

I did the exact opposite. IMO the Dillion is way to jerky and I despise the powder measure. Case feeders from Hornady require setup and fine tuning. They can no doubt be a PITA. But once you get it right you have smooth sailing.

Top Bottom