Hopps Bore Snakes... Which one for a Mosin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Hopps Bore Snakes... Do they work?

Hey all, I pray this message finds you blessed once again after a wonderful Christmas holiday.

My question is this, I need to go out and purchase some cleaning products and stumbled upon Hopps Bore Snakes. These things seem to have great reviews, do any of you use them? What are your thoughts? Also which caliber would I need for my Mosin 91/30. Seems like the ideal purchase for the quick clean at the range after shooting.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just be sure to use water or windex if you shoot milsurp ammo as it is corrosive and only water will remove the salts. Some people use windex to clean then oil to protect.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just be sure to use water or windex if you shoot milsurp ammo as it is corrosive and only water will remove the salts. Some people use windex to clean then oil to protect.

They use Windex because it contains ammonia, thinking that it's required to dissolve the salts, but plain water works just as well.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    They use Windex because it contains ammonia, thinking that it's required to dissolve the salts, but plain water works just as well.

I recently bought one, but haven't used it yet. Do you just moisten the part around the integral brush with water before using it, and then run an oiled patch through?

Top Bottom