• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'm still saying they don't move. I've worked with the machinist's union in Connecticut (in fact, the union that had Winchester machinists, probably Colt as well). I am very skeptical that those guys move to a less union friendly state, and if they thought they were going to be training employees at the cost of their own job, especially in a non-union plant (and you know that what's management is going to go for), it ain't gonna happen.

No, they will have to start from scratch if they move. I'll have to keep an ear to the ground on this one, but I wouldn't be too surprised if labor doesn't tell the Democrats to get their heads out of their behinds on this issue.

Now if they move to China, who's gonna take the credit (blame) for that?:):

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Cart before the horse

A little early with the knee-jerking aren't we? They are threatening to move IF miscrostamping laws are passed. It hasn't been but a couple of years ago that similar, if not identical, legislation was proposed in Indiana and several other (18?) states simultaneously. It failed everywhere! The IN proposal was widely cussed and discussed here but it "died in committee" without a vote.

This is probably the same crap brought back from the grave. It was allegedly intended to aid LE and included a per-round tax to cover the cost of enforcement. What was ignored was the simple fact that the U.S. taxpayer is the largest ammo customer in the world. Can you say military? Police? How many rounds did DHS just order and get the tinfoilers' panties in a wad? Yes, of course they would be exempt from the tax but not from the cost of production.

I'll start wondering where the ammo plants are going when the laws are passed.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    A little early with the knee-jerking aren't we? They are threatening to move IF miscrostamping laws are passed. It hasn't been but a couple of years ago that similar, if not identical, legislation was proposed in Indiana and several other (18?) states simultaneously. It failed everywhere! The IN proposal was widely cussed and discussed here but it "died in committee" without a vote.

This is probably the same crap brought back from the grave. It was allegedly intended to aid LE and included a per-round tax to cover the cost of enforcement. What was ignored was the simple fact that the U.S. taxpayer is the largest ammo customer in the world. Can you say military? Police? How many rounds did DHS just order and get the tinfoilers' panties in a wad? Yes, of course they would be exempt from the tax but not from the cost of production.

I'll start wondering where the ammo plants are going when the laws are passed.

Actually this about microstamping the firing pin on the firearm (Remington & Colt semi autos). And they say it would cost about $12/ firearm.

I agree that they will most likely stay where they are. And the bill will go nowhere. However it is New York and Connecticut.....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    More about putting horses before carts... the old ammo plants in Charlstown are in very poor condition. Those buildings, especially the large ones visible from 62, are full of quite dilapidated.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My bad

Actually this about microstamping the firing pin on the firearm (Remington & Colt semi autos). And they say it would cost about $12/ firearm.

I agree that they will most likely stay where they are. And the bill will go nowhere. However it is New York and Connecticut.....

That's what I get for not closely reading the entire article. However, apparently the morons proposing this law are unaware that the technology already exists to connect a spent case to a particular gun by the firing pin indentation.

Soon as somebody points this out, the bills will, or should, drop dead.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    That's what I get for not closely reading the entire article. However, apparently the morons proposing this law are unaware that the technology already exists to connect a spent case to a particular gun by the firing pin indentation.

Soon as somebody points this out, the bills will, or should, drop dead.

You are of course assuming the lab tech knows how. After all we are talking about NY where cops can't shoot straight and shoot innocent bystanders...

Just saying....:dunno:

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Well firearms like Glock, SIG, Ruger, and some other firearms are produced elsewhere. WOuld they have to create the microstamping? It doesnt make sense if you 2 or 3 manufactures are doing it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why would they go to Wabash rather than
    Latitude . . . . . . Longitude
    N 40.762736 . . . W 87.151676

:D

Honestly, Remington, IN would be a PERFECT place...

Right on one of the busiest Interstates in the region....

The name of the town is just an added bonus!

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Well firearms like Glock, SIG, Ruger, and some other firearms are produced elsewhere. WOuld they have to create the microstamping? It doesnt make sense if you 2 or 3 manufactures are doing it.

Nah...this is just a New York/ Conn. against Reminton and Colt and a liberal attempt to throw it against the wall to see if it will stick thingy. Appearantly most folks including LEOS think it is bogus and not helpful. It is just a vitamin BS shot for the anti gunners IMHO....:)...but a Remington plant in Remington In. and a Colt plant at the home of the Indianapolis Colts...well, just say'in:):):).. we could do worse:yesway:

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I always wondered why so many of the current firearm manufacturers are located in states or near cities that hate them.

Because when they were founded, anti-gunners weren't a problem. Remington was founded in 1816 and Colt in 1836. Back then, states has laws that every male was required to have on his person at all times, a rifle ready for battle. That, and when they were founded it would have been stupid to set up shop in a place like Indiana; all the people were still on the east coast.

All that being said, I would more than welcome a Remington or Colt (or both) factory here in Indiana!

n9vmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    There is a 1.3 million sq. ft. factory sitting empty here in Muncie just waiting for someone to move in. All utilities, a rail head and close to I-69.

Top Bottom