SW Indiana
    obama_supporters.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    you didnt read my post. i never said i like him. i just dont understand why everyone here hates him when anyone other option would be just as bad.

That's not what you said. You said that you don't like his beliefs (and you didn't clarify, so it could be his love for basketball), but what you also said was that you

1) are benefiting from the hard work of others because he and others before him have used the power and the authority of the federal government to legalize theft and redistribute the property of others

and

2) have fallen for the class warfare rhetoric lobbed at health care which attempts to demonize doctors for earning money and spending it however they choose

and

3) have firmly planted your feet in the idiocy known as liberalism by embracing the notion that someone who can't afford to pay for the life-saving procedure should be granted one anyway.

Here are my responses according to each item's number.

1. Obama doesn't have some stash that he hands out to people like your wife because they've fallen on hard times. That money came from people like me and my husband who've worked and paid into a system that rewards lazy and unproductive people. Your wife is essentially stealing. Charity is not being told to give up a third of your paycheck so the government can decide who is deserving of it. It's not MY responsibility to see to it that your or your wife's needs are met.

2. Why do you care how another person spends his lawfully earned money?

3. Do you have the knowledge and skill and experience to perform a quadruple bypass surgery on an individual successfully? Me either. So if you or I need one, we're gonna have to find someone who does, huh? And that also means we probably have to pay him for his time and labor. And since he's probably one of a handful of docs that can actually do it, he pretty much gets to set his price. If we don't have it, we might be able to shop around or barter or negotiate. But if none of those work, I guess we don't get it. If that means we die, we die. Newsflash: we all die. And nobody ever guaranteed an individual a long and healthy life. So, yeah, you either reimburse the good doc for his troubles or you don't get the care.

Oh, wait. You weren't suggesting that we actually force the doc to perform the procedure without paying him, were you?

No, no, no. You were thinking that you could just use the force of the federal government again to take more of the money that isn't yours to use for your benefit. Yeah. I'm with ya now.

If this seems overly harsh you'll forgive my intense dislike for people who, after throwing their own freedom in trash, want to do the same for me.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Health care in this country is a huge issue and the issue is greed. 50 years ago your family doctor worked from a small office and lived a middle class life. you knew who he was by name and he would talk to you at the grocery store. through insurance company's and flat out highway robbery they now work in massive buildings with all the latest, greatest and expensive luxuries, such as flat screen tvs to show informative healthcare nonsense, or 300 gallon saltwater fishtanks that they pay other companys to maintain. these things come out of your pocket. not to mention the mansions they live in or the 70,000 dollar cars they drive. and with all of those luxuries they still have the morel inept to let you die if you cant pay for an operation that will save your life. no insurance? sorry cant help you. something has to be done about this. But what? obama thought of something and tried it. maybe it will work, maybe not, but it is something.

Many, if not most, of your complaints about the medical system were brought on by insurance companies. Those same insurance companies lobbied (bribed) politicians with so much for so long that they got the government to pass laws which benefited the insurance companies, at the expense of the patient AND the doctor.

Many people found that they were far ahead financially if they went without medical insurance, and simply gambled on the odds of a catastrophic injury or illness. Not only were they ahead financially, they also had a much greater say in their medical care. Many doctors also realized that they could charge their patients LESS, and still make more money if they refused to accept insurance.

So, the insurance lobby finally found a way to FORCE EVERYONE to buy health insurance!! They bribed enough politicians so now it's a CRIME to not pay the insurance companies.

Yeah, and that's a good thing for patients and citizens how?

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    That's not what you said. You said that you don't like his beliefs (and you didn't clarify, so it could be his love for basketball), but what you also said was that you

1) are benefiting from the hard work of others because he and others before him have used the power and the authority of the federal government to legalize theft and redistribute the property of others

and

2) have fallen for the class warfare rhetoric lobbed at health care which attempts to demonize doctors for earning money and spending it however they choose

and

3) have firmly planted your feet in the idiocy known as liberalism by embracing the notion that someone who can't afford to pay for the life-saving procedure should be granted one anyway.

Here are my responses according to each item's number.

1. Obama doesn't have some stash that he hands out to people like your wife because they've fallen on hard times. That money came from people like me and my husband who've worked and paid into a system that rewards lazy and unproductive people. Your wife is essentially stealing. Charity is not being told to give up a third of your paycheck so the government can decide who is deserving of it. It's not MY responsibility to see to it that your or your wife's needs are met.

2. Why do you care how another person spends his lawfully earned money?

3. Do you have the knowledge and skill and experience to perform a quadruple bypass surgery on an individual successfully? Me either. So if you or I need one, we're gonna have to find someone who does, huh? And that also means we probably have to pay him for his time and labor. And since he's probably one of a handful of docs that can actually do it, he pretty much gets to set his price. If we don't have it, we might be able to shop around or barter or negotiate. But if none of those work, I guess we don't get it. If that means we die, we die. Newsflash: we all die. And nobody ever guaranteed an individual a long and healthy life. So, yeah, you either reimburse the good doc for his troubles or you don't get the care.

Oh, wait. You weren't suggesting that we actually force the doc to perform the procedure without paying him, were you?

No, no, no. You were thinking that you could just use the force of the federal government again to take more of the money that isn't yours to use for your benefit. Yeah. I'm with ya now.

If this seems overly harsh you'll forgive my intense dislike for people who, after throwing their own freedom in trash, want to do the same for me.

my response.
    1. the tax system is in place for everyone. YOU actually take advantage of this system everytime you leave the house, your driving on roads i paid for. i pay taxes the same as everyone and so did my wife. im willing to bet that if you did the math, after many years of taxes comming out of my paycheck i am paying for her education.

2. i dont. maybe im jealous

3. i carry a firearm to save lives. mine or someone else. thats normal human nature. has your husband needed a heart transplant or a kidney transplant? maybe even one of your children if you have any? tell them your logic on this subject if your not fortunate enough to afford the bill.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    has your husband needed a heart transplant or a kidney transplant? maybe even one of your children if you have any? tell them your logic on this subject if your not fortunate enough to afford the bill.

So since you don't want to do the hard thing or disappoint your family, that makes theft OK? So if you don't have enough :spend: $$ to buy little Johnny thebig gift he wants for Christmas, would that make it OK to rob a bank??

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    where is the theft here? im not getting how i am being labeled a lazy welfare thief over this post. and again i really hope that your never in a situation where someone has the ability to save your life or that of a loved one and will not for whatever reason. i will always do everything in my power to save someone from death. i was just touching on the fact that our country as a whole is far too greedy. i never said doctors should work for free and never said anything about theft. and to say that using tax dollars is theft is ridiculous in light of the fact MY MONEY IS IN THERE TOO.

fyrefyter101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    south of fortwayne
    My doctor still has a an office here in town, with out a fish tank, and I've known him my whole life (he delivered me) and when I was lucky enough to be a dad he also delivered my son. and he drives a chrysler minivan that he bought here in town too! and as for the degree that your wife is working on, thumbs up to her, but you must ask yourself, if Obama is giving my wife the option to get a degree how many others are getting thier degree? if you flood the market with something then the value drops through the floor! I hope that the hopey changey thing works for you and enjoy the gov kool-aid.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    where is the theft here? im not getting how i am being labeled a lazy welfare thief over this post. and again i really hope that your never in a situation where someone has the ability to save your life or that of a loved one and will not for whatever reason. i will always do everything in my power to save someone from death. i was just touching on the fact that our country as a whole is far too greedy. i never said doctors should work for free and never said anything about theft. and to say that using tax dollars is theft is ridiculous in light of the fact MY MONEY IS IN THERE TOO.

You say Drs shouldn't work for free... but you don't want to pay the bill. I reckon that means you intend to steal the money from me via taxes? I work an $8 hr job. Support your own frigging family, and quit taking money from mine. Pay for your own frigging college, pay for your own frigging medical care, pay your own frigging bills, or GTFO. Try Cuba... they provide everything for folks who don't mind sponging off of others. It's ironic that you accuse the country of being greedy, given how much you are taking from it, and us.

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    you need to get your kids out of school so they can stop spunging off of me and quit stealing the space on those roads i pay for, and move out of that house i pay the military to keep safe.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I don't have health insurance and honestly I don't want to pay for it because I do not have the money to get it. The government forcing me to buy it is basically forcing me to choose insurance over food or gas money. I won't have health insurance anyways because it will be much less for me to pay the fine than to receive the Obamacare coverage.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

So, if you steal $15,000 from me, then add $500 of your own to it and buy yourself a car, you don't realize that you've still taken $15,000 from me?

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    I would gladly drive on a dirt road if it meant that I could pay less to the federal government. I will not send my children to the public school when the time comes because the public schools are not a good place to educate your children in.

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    and since you posted your income ill say one more thing. i am paying far more than you for all of the things you use that come from tax dollars including my wife's education

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    So, if you steal $15,000 from me, then add $500 of your own to it and buy yourself a car, you don't realize that you've still taken $15,000 from me?

since this argument started i did the math and ive paid for her tuition 10 times over so i was the $15,500 and you where the $0

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    and since you posted your income ill say one more thing. i am paying far more than you for all of the things you use that come from tax dollars including my wife's education

If you are earning far more than me, then it is utterly disgraceful that you have chosen to live a welfare lifestyle. Have some pride.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    not really, and im finished.

Don't go...you still haven't heard the greatest driver of health care prices...

Government intervention.

Much like any other market, when the government artificially inserts itself into a market, it distorts that market by artificially manipulating prices, supply, and demand through force.

The answer to this problem is not more government intervention, whatever one thinks of Obama or the various insurance companies.

The "something" that this healthcare bill is would be the equivalent of seeing an oncologist for recently-discovered stage-2 lung cancer. His prescription? Smoke two packs a day, that will cure you.

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    If you are earning far more than me, then it is utterly disgraceful that you have chosen to live a welfare lifestyle. Have some pride.

you people win. you have successfully twisted my words around to attack me admirably. i have no more to say on this subject, or any other for that matter. i thought this was a good place for conversation and learning but i was sorely mistaken. sorry to have ruffled so many feathers on this subject.

Top Bottom