• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Isn't it kinda funny, at one time people though living in the "upscale" neighborhood made them immune to this type of thing. I can't say that at one point I wasn't along the same lines of thinking. Not living too far from this area, I don't feel any safer than if I lived in a higher crime rate neighborhood. Point is, as the economy and overall status of our country continues down the path that it's on, this will continue to be an ever increasing realization. Though I do consider my area to be relatively safe, I'm still not letting my guard down. Too much riding on making sure my family is well protected. As one poster already mentioned, some day one of these individuals is going to pick the wrong house, then it'll be game over. One less BG to worry about.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Wow this is news to me...glad I'm in the horrible state of NY right now too. It's amazing how many people I know in Carmel (I am from Carmel) including close friends, that think owning a gun is pointless. I try to tell them why, but nope, everyone has the attitude of "it wont happen to me". Pisses me off!!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I liked this quote from the article:

For those who don’t have a dog, 24-Hour News 8’s Julian Grace gives some tips to help protect yourself and your home.

Anyone know what Julian is recommending? My bet is it isn't a handgund, shotgun, or rifle.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Isn't it kinda funny, at one time people though living in the "upscale" neighborhood made them immune to this type of thing. I can't say that at one point I wasn't along the same lines of thinking. Not living too far from this area, I don't feel any safer than if I lived in a higher crime rate neighborhood. Point is, as the economy and overall status of our country continues down the path that it's on, this will continue to be an ever increasing realization. Though I do consider my area to be relatively safe, I'm still not letting my guard down. Too much riding on making sure my family is well protected. As one poster already mentioned, some day one of these individuals is going to pick the wrong house, then it'll be game over. One less BG to worry about.

I've always wondered why the majority of the home invasions happen in apartments and what I call vinyl villages. Seems like there is better chance of being spotted by neighbors in those area.

I live on an isolated street with 20 properties in a about a mile and a half stretch with 10 acre lots on either side of the road. They are half million dollar homes up to probably a million two. There are golf carts, gators, tractors, cars, jewlery, electronics etc. galore on the street. The houses sit back off the road a good distance and they are privatized from the neighboring property by mounds, trees, creeks, privacy fences and brush. Seems like our homes would be prime targets. I wonder if the criminals believe that the rural home owners are more likely to have firearms than many of the vinyl village homes or young apartment renters.

Last edited:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Ya you'd think a robber or burglar would think that rural homes more likely have firearms, but then again these thugs aren't too bright in the first place!!!

Top Bottom