• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brambo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Columbus, Indiana
    In retrospect I took it the same way as that is your go to front line HD piece.
    What do you think generated 2 pages of responses.
    You are really new here so please know 95% of the responding posters are well armed/trained and I would have several at my side.

Nice gun though. I like it but brother you will learn as you cruise the site.....:):
    Thank you Sir. Not lookin to create any issues, but I know who I am and my ability to protect what needs protection. I'm open to suggestions, but closed to advice about my ability to protect what is dear to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you Sir. Not lookin to create any issues, but I know who I am and my ability to protect what needs protection. I'm open to suggestions, but closed to advice about my ability to protect what is dear to me.
    You are among many with skills that are beyond question and equipment to meet any needs.
    In this we sometimes get a bit loud as "A" personality's will tend to do especially when talking guns/cars/bikes/bourbon.

I used to put my life behind a wheel gun. But as the world is tipping farther and farther to the idiot/insane/violent side I have put that behind me. Many here might say I only have 2 more in this single stack 1911 but hey........its still 2 more.....:):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You are among many with skills that are beyond question and equipment to meet any needs.
    In this we sometimes get a bit loud as "A" personality's will tend to do especially when talking guns/cars/bikes/bourbon.

I used to put my life behind a wheel gun. But as the world is tipping farther and farther to the idiot/insane/violent side I have put that behind me. Many here might say I only have 2 more in this single stack 1911 but hey........its still 2 more.....:):
    With my new 10mm 1911 I do not feel under gunned. 10rds of something that is more powerful and a larger diameter than a 357 magnum makes me feel very comfortable. I do carry a 9rd WC back up magazine so a total if 19rds of power. When I go to town I add another 9rd magazine to my belt. In no way do I feel under gunned.

Last night I got all my parts in and now have my Home Defender AR-15 556 pistol assembled. Just needs shot in which I hope to get around to doing today.

I really that about getting a shotgun. However, I am not very familiar with that platform of defense weapon. So I decided to stick to what I do know. Handguns and the AR platform.

CM what was it like to see all then rioters by your home? In the country the most we see at one time is a funeral procession going by. That said not to be funny but a fact.

When I go the VA in Cincinnati I pack my P10F 2 mags on my belt, and at that time my 10mm MCK with 30rd magazines in my car trunk for just in case.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    For home defense, a 12 gauge pump shotgun is the primary go to weapon of choice in our house. I consider it for our purposes to be the best option for several reasons.

Ease of operation.

Very wide selection of ammo choices, which makes it really versatile for other purposes than just home defense.

For the most part, because of ease of operation, and being fairly simple they are pretty durn reliable a platform for home defense.

Less chances for over-penetration for the most part within the home.

Also for the distances that most would be possibly be used at within the home, the shotgun IMO is the better option.

As I don't believe in perfect weapons, for my purposes, the shotgun is pretty dang close to perfection.

For us though, the need for a shotgun is more likely for four-legged varmints or the crawly type, rather than the two-legged variety.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I thought I was pretty clear. If more than 6 come knockin, I'm prepared for that as well. You don't have to worry about me brother, just take care of you and yours.
    Sorry if I came off as snarky...I meant more in the way of "aha! food for thought" but I may have misunderstood too.
    :thumbsup:

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    A 22lr will go through both sides of a refrigerator. 38 special 9mm etc.

I'm in the process of making a 556 home defender. 10.5" barrel. Once everything gets in. I was going to buy a shotgun. But I like the short AR-15 pistols. Light and fast to bring on target. I'll be using Speer 75gr Gold Dots so refrigerators stoves even some walls, and doors will be a none factor.
    A 10.5 inside is not going to be quiet...
    But that is one of the "tradeoffs"...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With my new 10mm 1911 I do not feel under gunned. 10rds of something that is more powerful and a larger diameter than a 357 magnum makes me feel very comfortable. I do carry a 9rd WC back up magazine so a total if 19rds of power. When I go to town I add another 9rd magazine to my belt. In no way do I feel under gunned.

Last night I got all my parts in and now have my Home Defender AR-15 556 pistol assembled. Just needs shot in which I hope to get around to doing today.

I really that about getting a shotgun. However, I am not very familiar with that platform of defense weapon. So I decided to stick to what I do know. Handguns and the AR platform.

CM what was it like to see all then rioters by your home? In the country the most we see at one time is a funeral procession going by. That said not to be funny but a fact.

When I go the VA in Cincinnati I pack my P10F 2 mags on my belt, and at that time my 10mm MCK with 30rd magazines in my car trunk for just in case.
    When I was alerted to this by people I know frim the forum I and the neighbors on both sides of us and the terrorists put up lawn chairs and sat out front. AR's on the ground next to us and pistols in our laps. By the time they got up to our place the numbers had dwindled from what we saw in the texts we received. I guess all the real rioters were gone and just those walking peaceful people were left.
    Rioting must be serious work.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A 10.5 inside is not going to be quiet...
    But that is one of the "tradeoffs"...
    I'm considered deaf. My son fired his 338 Lapua Magnum before I had my ear muffs on. Did not have hearing aid in and it sounded like a bb gun going off with what hearing I do have left. So that is a none factor for me.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I was alerted to this by people I know frim the forum I and the neighbors on both sides of us and the terrorists put up lawn chairs and sat out front. AR's on the ground next to us and pistols in our laps. By the time they got up to our place the numbers had dwindled from what we saw in the texts we received. I guess all the real rioters were gone and just those walking peaceful people were left.
    Rioting must be serious work.
    Nice to have neighbors willing to help one another like that. Around here it's usually can I borrow your tractor I got mine stuck or have you seen my dogs lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom