• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I just purchased a Trijicon TA31F. I found a good deal and got it for like $759 brand new from a retail store. I'm stoked about the deal that I got on it!

I also picked up a LaRue LT-100 mount for it.

I really was thinking about picking up an EOTech, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I still like the EOTech, but ulitmately I had to ask my self what I would want to bring with me when I get deployed (it's bound to happen sometime). I don't want to count on the Army issuing me optics so I'll bring my own.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    You will love it, the ACOG is the perfect battlefield optic IMHO.

The Aimpoint is also my favorite, but I just have a soft spot for ACOGS.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Congrats!!! You will love it!!!

I had wanted one for so long and finally traded for a TA31F last summer. The EoTech went in the safe for a future build.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    33732Recca04_001.jpg

I apologize for the crappy pic.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    <----- wants an ACOG badly, but cannot justify spending as much as I paid for my rifle for a fixed power optic.

I agree, but once I finally got mine, "I thought why did I wait so long?"

I remember a story of the African Guides watching Americans and Europeans arriving for hunts. They knew who was who by the rifles.... expensive rifles and cheap optics = Americans. Cheaper rifles and expensive optics = Europeans. Maybe it was all relative to the prices they paid in AFRICA.:dunno:

If one wants and is able to get to get an ACOG, I recommend them highly. I am thinking of selling my sons and my EoTechs to fund another ACOG!!!

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree, but once I finally got mine, "I thought why did I wait so long?"

I remember a story of the African Guides watching Americans and Europeans arriving for hunts. They knew who was who by the rifles.... expensive rifles and cheap optics = Americans. Cheaper rifles and expensive optics = Europeans. Maybe it was all relative to the prices they paid in AFRICA.:dunno:

If one wants and is able to get to get an ACOG, I recommend them highly. I am thinking of selling my sons and my EoTechs to fund another ACOG!!!

While I wouldn't necessarily call my Aimpoint "cheap", but I know what you mean. I also have a hard time justifying the need for magnification for my use. If I had to really use my AR it would be fairly up close and personal and a red dot excels in that category.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The ACOG is one impressive optic -- Lock n Load I know how you feel. My ACOG has the red dot Doctor Optic mounted on top that works well for close quarters. I think I've got the best of both worlds.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Mr. M, that is one smoking deal you got on your TA31F.

I own/have owned an Eotech, Aimpoint, and an ACOG(TA31F) and I can say with out a doubt the ACOG is by far and large my favorite.

You can't justify the price tag until you try one. They are amazing.

I am with some of the others when I say that I'm mad that I didn't own one sooner. As soon as I got mine, my AR15 became 10x more fun to shoot.

Unlike the firearms world, in the optics world, you get what you pay for and the ACOG is a prime example.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom