• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Hey all. Looking to see if anyone has any particular holster brands or models they swear by for 4 o'clock IWB carry (in particular for a P365, if that helps).
    Appendix doesn't feel right to me, so I'm looking to try something else for a bit.

Thanks in advance.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Take a look at the Comp-Tac Infidel Max [1]. Nothing fancy or whiz-bang about it. Just a solid piece of kit. Been using Comp-Tac hardware about daily and in training for 12 years so far, and have yet to have one fail.

Seems like there's always that one pair of pants with a belt loop exactly where you want to put your piece. One of the nice things about the clip available on this holster is that it's "split" so it can straddle a belt loop. Belt loop in "that place?" No problem.

[1] - https://www.comp-tac.com/infidel-max-holster

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I use the cya brand for my walther pps m2. Ordered from Amazon. Nothing special and not really any different than the expensive 1s. It's kydex and adjustable like the rest. Mine doesn't have a mag holder built in either. I stagger between 4-5 o'clock positions. Appendix didn't feel comfortable to me either.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hybrid holster like the Crossbreed mini tuck or Galco King Tuk.

I use the Crossbreed for carrying 365 when I'm not pocket carrying. Have used the king Tuk for M&P compact 2.0 and Glock 19. Very comfortable holsters. Just remember to get a good belt and size the belt and pants appropriately.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure how I feel about those hybrid holsters that lack full kydex coverage of the trigger guard. But it does seem like they'd be comfortable for 4/5 o'clock
    Are you concerned about the leather backer? If so, don't be. Trigger is fully covered and that leather is not going to bend into the trigger guard. I typically do founders leather on the Crossbreed.

Also, when you first get it, it will be a it stiff, but will loosen up with wear.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Not sure how I feel about those hybrid holsters that lack full kydex coverage of the trigger guard. But it does seem like they'd be comfortable for 4/5 o'clock

Zero issues with trigger coverage on the hybrid Crossbreed holsters. The leather is solid and it's also easy to reholster.

As said above, a good belt is a must. I've worn the same Daltech Force SuperBio belt every day for 10 years with minimal wear showing up.

Dechrissen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 17, 2023
    Vermillion County
    Are you concerned about the leather backer? If so, don't be. Trigger is fully covered and that leather is not going to bend into the trigger guard. I typically do founders leather on the Crossbreed.

Also, when you first get it, it will be a it stiff, but will loosen up with wear.
    Right, the leather (or lack of kydex) is what concerned me. I guess it's less of a worry about the leather bending inward, and more about the leather bending outward and creating a space for something to fall in.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

And

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I love Vedder holsters. Great clips. I dislike plastic clips. Vedders do not make holsters for guns with lights though. I carry my Hellcat in a Vedder at 4 o'clock evertime I am outside. Very comfortable and secure for me. When I go anywhere, I throw an extra mag in my pocket on a neomag holster and my mini med kit with RATS tourniqiette in it in my back pocket. I find it to be a great set up. At night I throw a Streamlight macro in my pocket or grab my P01 with a light/holster.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Huge fan of Crossbreed. And they have a lifetime warranty.

I just had mine replaced after I cracked the kydex. Just had to send it in and they replaced it no questions asked. I even started to repair it with JB Weld before I remembered the warranty.

And pay extra for the combat cut.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Usds in greenwood has a guy there that makes custom kydex holsters. Uses your weapon to mold it so it will fit. Mine was only 10 bucks more than the ones on the shelf anywhere, but that was 2 years ago as well.

Top Bottom