• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Being an older male (24 years) I can't say if it's right for a young teen, however the Fobus paddle holsters seem to fit a pretty wide bill. I was once a fan myself, stopped using them however and moved to Blackhawk Serpa retention holsters.

I would have recommended the Blackhawk's but it seems to be a bit 'fatter' than the fobus I once had. Check out the "Rev. 2" / "Evo" style Fobus holster, it was nice and small and close to the body on my Glock 19 in the past.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    63998743_260.jpg
    I carry a G26 also and i'm really happy with the fobus paddle. Very comfortable. And my GF carries the same thing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I perfer the latching systems and ease of draw that the serpa's have over any of the fobus junk. its an expensive firearm dont put it in a piece of trash fobus.

I think for a teenage girl who may or may not always wear a heavy dury belt, something w/ a leather back that is BIG like a supertuck might be more comforitable. I am sure if you search around you can find or have made an OC variety of that type of holster w/ the massive leather back and kydex outer shell.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The fact that I've actually had a firearm fall out of a Fobus has put a sour taste in my mouth for giving them more of my $$$ or trusting my lifeline in one. They are an inexpensive introduction to holsters, but after looking around for a while, I'd religate a Fobus to Range Duty, at most.

My standard carry are the Comp-Tac Infidel IWB and a Blackhawk Serpa OWB. The kydex holsters will wear on the finish, but I like the way there's an open space for the weapon, no matter if the weapon is holstered or not. (I'm heavy around the middle and the leather backed / kydex shell holsters have been known to be more difficult with my body style, due to the leather not holding a rigid openning.) I've also had better luck with an all leather IWB / OWB holster. If "Style" is important, also realize that several makers are showing different colors of kydex as an option when ordering.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not a woman, so I'm not offering an opinion on a holster.
    But, here is a video I recommend.
    The girl seems to do a good job of reviewing to me.
    She has several videos, this is just on holsters, but you can view her other videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk[/ame]

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh, you're not wanting to carry a teen girl "in" a holster... I was gonna say that sounded pretty uncomfortable. I just use a short leash on mine.

:laugh:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I carry a 26 OC is a Serpa. It does require a better belt than one can find off the rack in the fashion department at Walmart. (Though I found a Dickie's belt in the men's clothing department at Meijer that seems to have worked well so far. It will likely wear out sooner than not, but I'm cheap and it fits the bill nicely. Plus I don't care if the rig is a little floppy)

Since I OC I've never bothered with it, but the Supertuck gets high marks from other gals as well.

...and we wonder why the gun grabber's do not like us!
    Wut?

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    She's 15.. does she OC around the house or yard?

:wow:

Kind of wondering that myself.

I've got a girl who's a friend who got a bra holster and really likes it. You have to be at least moderately endowed though to avoid making it obvious you've got something extra up in there. She can draw pretty fast and the gun is fairly invisible even in a close fitting t-shirt.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Kind of wondering that myself.

I've got a girl who's a friend who got a bra holster and really likes it. You have to be at least moderately endowed though to avoid making it obvious you've got something extra up in there. She can draw pretty fast and the gun is fairly invisible even in a close fitting t-shirt.

Maybe a derringer for the less endowed? A sharpie would conceal one of those haha.

I think it is obvious based on the laws that she I ly carries on their property...

I am a guy but really like my fobus.. Holds my firearms well... Serpas are to large and bulky for me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My guess is that most 15 year old girls are proficient with shopping and trying on clothes to see if they fit well and are comfortable. The same principle applies here. Simply make a list of retailers with a good selection of holsters and have a shopping day so that she can find one that works for her rather than taking a stab in the dark based on what works for others.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    My wife carries in a OWB custom Kydex holster from Mills Tactical. It holds the gun very surely and close to the body. The serpas seem to stick out there pretty far (mine does)and can be bulky for some.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    My oldest daughter, also 15, just prefers a leather thumbreak on her belt, but she is generally carrying a 686 4 inch around our place. My 12 yo prefers to just carry her lever rifle, she is not a handgunner (yet). And, neither of my girls are comfortable with semi-autos for some reason :dunno:.

Top Bottom