Holiday World or King's Island, and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Holiday world. Best atmosphere of any park I've ever been to. Best attitude from the folks working there, cleanest, best pricing, semi reasonable waits on the rides, the whole package.

Motel is ok, campground is nice, and right across the parking lot.

Oh, and world class wooden coasters.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Cedar Point, but out of the two Kings Island.

^ This.

I grew up going to Cedar Point because my godparents live about an hour south of it. My wife took me to King’s island for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We had fun, but is not Cedar Point and that’s coming from some one who isn’t a coaster person. I’m ok for some of the smaller ones, but my stomach does handle much more than that very well. Some of the new rides at CP are terrifying from the ground. Lol

For those that go to King’s Island multiple times a year, consider a platinum season pass. It’s good for all
    Cedar Fair Parks. I do believe the wife and I are getting them for next year.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We got to Holiday World a lot. They've built up the area a little bit, there is a hotel in the town you pass through at I-64 (can't recall the name of the little town). We usually rent a cabin at Lincoln State Park, though.

When we bought the little farm house proximity to Holiday World was part of it...Within 25 mins of Holiday World, Patoka Lake, French Lick and 10 mins away from Hoosier National Forest with the swimming lake.....

I vote Holiday World......

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Kings Island, we have season passes and it rocks!! Rides are way better, water park is not as good but is pretty solid IMO. If you go on a weekday the lines are not bad at all, we walked on to almost every coaster last Tuesday. Going this Saturday as well, kids and I love it.

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Holiday World, but I say that from history as it was still call Santa Claus Land the last time I went. ;o) Based on the replies I'm taking the family soon though.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I’m leaning towards holiday world, if for no other reason than to run into
    Hoosierdoc.

Anyone have any leads on discount tickets for Holiday world?

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    We used the Holiday World website to buy our tickets. My wife used some promo code and final cost was $36.99 per ticket. I saw some discount promo code cards at Dairy Queen the other day, but don't recall the discount. Also, check the HW FaceBook page, they post deals regularly!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I’m leaning towards holiday world, if for no other reason than to run into
    Hoosierdoc.

Anyone have any leads on discount tickets for Holiday world?

We can go halfsies on a two-person tube ride!

i think there were $10 off coupons at McDonald’s or somewhere earlier in the year

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I’m excited for the 7th, my wife, in laws, brother in law are going along with our 2.5 year old daughter. This is the last year she is free so I’m interested to see if she likes it. I got a few free tickets from work so all I have to buy one. It is a Tuesday so the park shouldn’t be busy at all with school starting soon by then or already going.

as for things for an 18 month old. There is reindeer ranch which has quite a few rides with no minimal height requirement. Other rides don’t have them if with an adult. Also the water park has a few slides and splash pads for little ones.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    When you first go in, the original Santa Claus Land is off to the left. It's mostly kiddie rides. Several of the others throughout the park are also suitable for little ones. Use your better judgment. Most of the water park is ok for them with a parent. There are areas made just for them. Good lord use the sunblock. Repeatedly.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I may have to go there myself this weekend since my girlfriend and I happen to be going camping at Indian-Celina Lake in Hoosier Nat'l Forest on the south-slope campsites until Tuesday.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Holiday world if you want a water park and some rides, Kings island if you want more rides, and cedar point if you want the best rides. The latter is quite a bit farther away though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy