• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    WBE3, no the only practice we had was under the supervision of the production crew and/or directly related to the challenges.

So I spent a lot of my downtime working out, then napping, then working out some more, hanging out with the other cast, etc.

How much of a clue before you went to start filming did you have on the type of weapons involved? Did they are least say it would include primitive weapons or may be bows, knives, pistols, rifles?

Did you know who the other contestants would be in time to research them a little and therefore know Hey there's an archery guy, it may involve archery and guns.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We had no idea who the other contestants would be or what kind of weapons/challenges we'd be facing. It was pretty interesting, to say the least.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I would almost have to guess going on a show like that, any marksman would try and prepare with as many types of weapons as they could think of.

Guns, bows, axes, knives, spears, slingshots, ninja stars... hell... even rocks!

Can't wait for the rest of the season.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Just caught the two episodes on Hulu today. Got the DVR set for the rest of them though. Caleb, you're doing too well without any drama... You're never on. haha. Guess that's probably a good thing. Rootin for ya!!

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I have to say that there had to be something wrong with Mike's rifle in that first episode. I wasn't sure how big the targets were, but 8" at 100 yds with a rifle off of sand bags. One other factor is that the rifles they were shooting, they had never shot before. They practiced with a similar rifle in the practice session, but it looked like both teams shot the same 4 rifles. That means there were at least 4 "new" rifles during the competition. I wasn't sure about Mike's '03, but then when AHAB mentioned 15 light primer hits, that made it a dead give away. Either they got a really bad luck of the draw, or the match was a little more rigged than it appeared to be. My guess is that there was something drastically loose in the sights.

Can't wait to see Brad go home. I hate it when guys whine about their gear. I thought that it was great when Brand announced out loud to everyone that the gun hit to the right, and then the inexperienced kid picks it up and starts drilling bullseyes with it. Brad may have talent, but not enough to back up his arrogance. I love watching a guy run his mouth, and then letting the scores do the real talking.

I too wish there were less drama, and more shooting. But hey, it's a show on TV that has real life shooting in it. GREAT!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Bill and Brad... can't wait for them BOTH to be gone. Whiney b*tches.

Yeah, Kelly messed up with a bad joke, but Bill is being a big baby about it.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I am watching this right now and I am irritated that these guys are making their nominations totally on personality. I thought these were grown men. While, I think that Kelly kid is cocky, what 22 year old isn't? I think these guys don't like him in part because he is a member of the US National Rifle Team.

I wouldn't mind if the whole red team got eliminated, except for the dude with the cowboy hat, he seems pretty cool.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I missed it..what did he say to Bill?

Bills ex-wife's fiance shot himself in the chest...and Kelly said something like, "Was she that bad?" to Bill. Joking ofcourse, but he's pretty lucky he didn't get his head knocked off IMO

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Best quote if the night... When brad was whining about the bow and arrow, blue team member (Adam?)... "the indians thought they were harass!" I about lost it!

BTW... Go Blue!!!!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Bills ex-wife's fiance shot himself in the chest...and Kelly said something like, "Was she that bad?" to Bill. Joking ofcourse, but he's pretty lucky he didn't get his head knocked off IMO

Agreed. It was stupid to say, but I think Kelly was joking cuz he didn't think bill would react that way about his ex-wife.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Ok Kelly did mess up. Brad....grrr "I'm a IPSA Grandmaster..." Dude you got put on a TV show for TOP shot, stop complaining every 5 seconds!

My take now...The red team is screwed no matter what comes up next, they are too far down and too many conflicts within the team to be effective. All Drama, but I guess that's what makes reality TV. Doesn't even matter if they get to select 3 to sit out, they have no way of knowing who did well in practice seeing as the Blue team was smart and not talking about who had a great practice :)

I loved seeing them shoot the bows last night, made me wonder how well I would have done on a 30 second clock.

Ahab,
    Were you allowed to move the arrows any, because it seemed to me that everyone was pulling them from center to left side of the body, or over the bow. If they were set up on the right side of the shooter might have shaved a couple of seconds off of reload speed. I know that when I shoot indoors at Gander I have them set on the right side and not in front or to the left.

Top Bottom