• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I saw something that caught my eye yesterday. A late model Toyota Camry ('17 or '18 I'm guessing) with a historic license plate on it.

I thought the car had to be old to do that so I looked it up, and sure enough, it has to be at least 25 years old to register a historic plate...

Am I missing something or was this person clearly registering an old car and using the plate on their newer car? Evading taxes?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just purchased a used vehicle, moved the plate, and hasn't been to the BMV yet?

I'm trying to decide between an Historic plate and a custom plate for my old Jeep.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I use a year of manufacture plate on my historic vehicle. Wish it could be a custom year of manufacture but nobody makes those.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I have the year of manufacture plate on my 69 Mustang. Had a personalized plate for years then the state took it away after they changed to the current plate format.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So in a couple of years I can put a historic plate on my stoopid 94 thunderchicken? There's something wrong with that.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Got one for my motorcycle some years ago.Don't want to use the YOM plate right now,it's a every day rider.Do not want to give the man a reason to ask me questions.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Got one for my motorcycle some years ago.Don't want to use the YOM plate right now,it's a every day rider.Do not want to give the man a reason to ask me questions.

It's no problem to do so, check out the law and go for it. I have to be honest, that's not one of the things I learned about in traffic law (I think it started up in '08, class was '02) and I stopped someone a couple years ago. He showed be the affidavit and sure enough, it's legit. I think it's pretty cool. You may be stopped a couple times but the guys will know then and have something cool to talk about.

Top Bottom